BellaOnline
Posted By: NeverthefirstASH continueing<sp> dreams - 12/24/07 07:24 PM
I've often wanted to continue a dream after being woken up from one. Anyone here ever have much success in doing that?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 12/24/07 07:36 PM
yes i have, and started the dream exactly where i ended, i do that quite often
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 12/24/07 07:40 PM
Another weird thing i do, is dream, and in my dream i tell myself i'm gonna wake up ( and i do)
Posted By: freespirit Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 12/25/07 04:52 PM
Isnt that called lucid dreaming? where you are incontrol of what happens in the dream?
Posted By: trishh Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 01/16/08 12:45 AM
I've had strategies for getting out of a dream that I've used when I'm in a dream I don't like. It didn't feel like lucid dreaming, but obviously a part of my consciousness remained in control enough to get me outa there if I was in trouble. Anyone else have this experience? T
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 02/20/08 04:08 PM
I have been able to continue dreaming on occasion. To me, the dreams felt as if there were another person involved, rather than just my dream personas and symbols. This used to happen quite a bit when I was breastfeeding my children. I'd spiral out of a dream with them to wake to nurse... then we'd both go back into the dream. We were co-sleeping too, and that faciliates much more dreaming in the mama LOL!
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 02/20/08 08:50 PM
Hi,

One technique for continuing a dream is to lie very still when you wake up and then visualize yourself right back in the dream. Replay the scenario in your mind as you drift back to sleep. You might even visualize what you want to happen in the dream as you go back to sleep--create an alternate ending, for example. This is especially effective if you haven't completely come out of consciousness and sometimes this can also help facilitate a lucid dream.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 02/25/08 05:27 AM
I will definately try that! I had a dream recently where I was speaking with a teacher, and he had so many interesting things to say to me! When I woke up I was so bummed because I felt he still had more to say.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: continueing<sp> dreams - 02/29/08 04:33 AM
I definitely can continue a dream - if I wake up out of a really good dream I'll go right back to sleep so I can finish up the story smile

Lucid Dreaming is when you're aware you're in a dream - and I definitely do that fairly frequently. It's a lot of fun, you can say "there will be a horse around that corner" and there it is.
© BellaOnline Forums