BellaOnline
Posted By: leahmullen Anyone else like cooking with ginger? - 10/17/13 09:21 PM
How do you use ginger in your favorite dishes?

I love using this frozen vegetarian ginger chicken I get from the health food store. I put it in *everything*--vegetables, soup etc.

Also I like fresh ginger in my smoothies. Nothing gives a boring smoothie a kick like a quarter sized piece of fresh ginger in the mix.
I use fresh ginger almost daily in my cooking :-) It's healthy too!

Most Asian cuisines use ginger & most Indian recipes always start with ginger/onion/garlic.
Posted By: Vannie Re: Anyone else like cooking with ginger? - 10/21/13 12:04 AM
Leah, I don't cook with ginger, but I make and drink ginger tea.

The next time I go to the vegetable market I will buy some fresh ginger. I will search for a recipe on Sadhana's page.
Love ginger! If you blend a slurry of ginger and garlic, it is delicious for making many food items.
Love ginger! If you blend a slurry of ginger and garlic, it is delicious for making many food items.
I LOVE ginger!

I find also, really liking, "Spicy Chicken Patties." They're made by Bocca (sp)?

I've found actually very little difference in the flavoring if you crisp it up and say a fast-food chicken patty. My husband will pick them up sometimes.

If I'm with him I usually get the grilled. This is more the, lettuce, pickle, chicken sandwhich w/breading." I love the kick to it as well!

But I make a lot of veggie stir fry's and love fresh ginger. There's a lot of health benefits to it as well.
I haven't actually cooked with ginger, but when I use my juicer and juice a bunch of veggies and some fruit I always throw in about 1 inch of fresh ginger. It makes it smell so good, I just love it!
I sauté ginger and onion before making the sauce for creamed spinach - my new addiction smile
Posted By: Vannie-2 Re: Anyone else like cooking with ginger? - 02/19/14 08:49 AM
Susan, that sounds delicious. In the past I have only used ginger to make ginger tea, I have expanded my use of it. I have made Sadhana's cranberry orange ginger chutney and will definitely try spinach your way. Yes, this is me, something happened to my login, etc. I had to start all over.
© BellaOnline Forums