BellaOnline
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Do you have soft addictions? - 06/12/11 11:43 PM
Signed up for a newsletter by Judith Wright author of Soft Addictions. So far I'm really enjoying her recommendations.

Have you ever heard of soft addictions? Do you have any that you're dealing with yourself? I've have a couple that I'm having trouble with right now and I'm hoping to eradicate them with help from this newsletter.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/24/11 07:12 PM
I managed to curb my soft addiction for an entire week and I feel that I'm starting to make some progress now. I read in my soft addictions newsletter that talking about it helps because it means you admit you have a problem and that you are trying to find a solution. I'm not going into detail about my specific soft addiction but if you are dealing with soft addictions and want to post what you're doing to curb or eliminate it/them please feel free to post with me here. You don't have to go into detail just talking in generalities helps a lot : )
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/24/11 07:31 PM
Yes, procrastinating. I would rather play with the dogs that do the housework.. but seriously sometimes it is a problem for me. So I have signed up for the newsletter...

Just want to say thanks for the 'functional lower body workout' newsletter Monica. I hurt my right knee two years ago now and I am quite scared of putting it out again. Watched the video and going to try that.. will try not to procrastinate.
Posted By: QualityVid Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/29/11 04:42 PM
I'm addicted to sleep ;-)
Posted By: loong Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 04/03/12 08:02 PM
To Monica,

I do not beleive in small addictions.It's like saying ,well you know ,I am a small heroin addict ,or I only drink on weekends
but still getting drunk.

it is said in all 12 steps programs,if you THINK you have an addiction ,you are an addict.It's like saying ,I am just a little pregnant,no your pregnant period.

Been clean and sober for 35 years ,2 months and a few days.
Stopped smoking cigarettes 34 years,2 months and a few days.

A simple sober buddhist named
loong
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 04/03/12 09:49 PM
Soft addictions are "seemingly harmless habits like over-shopping, overeating, watching too much TV, endlessly surfing the internet, procrastinating�that actually keep us from the life we want" Judith Wright

Spending all your time in forums is also a soft addiction. Take the soft addiction quiz if you want to find out if you have one.
Posted By: loong Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 04/03/12 10:23 PM
To Monica,

Do not have to take the test.I know ,already, that ,I am ,like
you say ,soft addicted to bella on line.
But my addiction brings me,more and more happiness,compared to overeating,or overspending that only bring problems.

I have been sharing my knowledge for more than 30 years.
Today at the gym,the guys know i am something different,today
spentmore than half an hour in the locker room listening,sharing
with a successfull businessman that opened up to me.Sharing
his inner guts ,because he knows ,I have been there.

My compulsion is helping and sharing,all out of love and not out of pride.

With love
_/\_
a simple buddhist named
loong
By the way I have the life I want.
Hi Monica,

Thanks for pointing out this remarkable resource for lifetime help. I will explore lots and get her books as and when, but I could not find a link or an invitation to get her newsletter or sign up. Perhaps I was too impatient and missed it, but would appreciate it if you could tell me where (else) to look or put up a link here on BellaOnline if that is allowed?

Say thanks from this procrastinator who has too much to do and enough time but just do not make it work!

Cheers
Posted By: Encore DT Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/14/12 05:33 AM
One of my soft addictions is working out. Seems like it's a good one but I overwork myself and take very few breaks, which means I do not let my body "unload". However, working out is the only way I know of to relieve stress and maintain high levels of energy...
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/14/12 06:37 AM
I am a type A personality and have found the yoga philosophy "moderation in all things" a key to maintaining a balance of active and inactive times each day.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 06/16/12 11:04 PM
I am working on one of my soft addictions - i like to have a glass or two of wine each night. I tried to replace that with fake wine, juice, milk and teas, but nothing had the right mouth-feel, until i started brewing kvass. I am really happy with that.

There isn't anything wrong with a glass or two of wine, but it gets expensive to buy wine! I can make kvass for pennies.

I definitely am on the forums a great deal, but i consider it positive work. I like sharing on frugal living and commenting on other posts where people are chatting. It's about as much of a social experience as i can handle most days. smile
Posted By: Super Fashion Fan Re: Do you have soft addictions? - 12/10/12 07:42 AM
no, not really.
© BellaOnline Forums