BellaOnline
Posted By: Brenda - Teaching LDS When Someone You Love Strays - 08/30/10 02:32 AM
As things seem to be becoming more and more difficult in these last days, I want to work on a series of articles for the Teaching LDS site about when someone you love strays from the gospel. I want to discuss what each of us can and should do when this happens.

I would like to deal with many different scenarios, such as a child, a teenager, a young adult, an adult child, a friend, a parent, or even a spouse.

Am I missing anything or any group that you would like to see addressed? I realize that while some of the things you can do will be the same, there are still unique things that can be done for each group.

If there is a particular group I am missing, please let me know. Also, if you have had experience with any of the above scenarios or have ideas of how to help and what to do, please leave a comment here. I will be drawing on the words of our leaders, but we are all in this together and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks so much for your help!
I feel strongly that Faith is what people have strayed from. You can't force any one religion or teaching on a person, it's personal, but Faith is Universal.

I feel that as times get more and more confusing and as quick paced as everything is, the temptation, not only to stray from Faith but finding a quick fix with distractions, be it, drugs, sex, games, manipulations is on the uprise. Those things only increase the lost-ness, but people can't see it. I almost feel, outside of initial attraction, not everone, but a large mass of people may not even know what real love is.
© BellaOnline Forums