BellaOnline
Posted By: Deb - Animal Life Take the November Animal Challenge - 11/06/12 06:10 AM
Explore the gift of personal empowerment by participating in the challenge. It is amazing what people achieve when they put their minds to it!

Read The Challenge: Take the Animal Challenge!

For artistic inspiration, research the styling of Julian Beever, also known as "The Chalk Man." Be sure to check out more of his work at Julian Beever.

Visual artists and musicians. This example video "She's Alive" is one of the most stunning of its kind. Push your creative talent and share your vision! Take the challenge!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Take the November Animal Challenge - 11/06/12 11:26 PM
Deb -

What a fantastic idea! For me this fits in with my NaNoWriMo project. My story is a mystery novel, but it features the natural animals and wilderness of Massachusetts. So I'm working to build nuthatches, red-tailed hawks, and other creatures into the story as I see them. I'm hoping to remind people that these animals are all around us and should be treasured.

For example when I had dinner with my mother we talked about how about a decade ago about half of all raccoons were wiped out in our area from disease. And now we have the poor little bats who are being wiped out by a fungus, as they hibernate. I then mention those stories in my novel, to help people become more aware of the dangerous trends going on around us.

I'd love to hear what other people are choosing to do in November!
This sounds like it is a project of passion for you. This is great advice for other writers, try to incorporate the familiar and touch on the animal and environmental issues of your time. It acts as a footprint. I hope you find the time to share your story concept with Animal Life readers. It sounds like it is going to be a fantastic read! Keep up the great work!
Documentarians – David v. Monsanto is an excellent example of what happens when research and first-hand accounts are presented in an informative manner. This documentary shows how mega corporate corruption intends to dominate global markets by holding the world's food source hostage. Watch this full length preview while it's still available and Take the Challenge!

Activists/Planet Warriors: The Tar Sands Blockade is an example of how a constructive, non-violent movement leads to positive change by making their voices heard.

© BellaOnline Forums