BellaOnline
Posted By: Deb - Animal Life Contaminated Pet Food Outbreak - 05/15/12 03:31 PM
Urgent information. There is a widespread salmonella outbreak on numerous dog and cat pet food products.

Read Further: Contaminated Pet Food Outbreak
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Contaminated Pet Food Outbreak - 02/03/13 10:09 PM
Petitions one, two, three, four and five are closed. Petition eight is signed. Thanks Deb!
Thanks for your timely warning, Deb!
Posted By: Deb - Animal Life Re: Contaminated Pet Food Outbreak - 02/04/13 07:22 PM
Hey Connie Girl,

Pet food outbreaks are a never-ending battle. Although that article came out in May, it will remain a relevant topic, simply by the lack of regulation on the industry.

I lost my cat Foster, quite suddenly, after we endured a salmonella outbreak using, what was believed to be, high quality food called Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. This led me to investigate open and closed conveyor belt systems. The food, which was not cheap, I later learned, was packaged on an open conveyor belt system by the pet manufacturer Diamond. The trouble with an open conveyer system is that low quality food products essentially mix with high quality food products - making them not high quality at all. I nearly lost another cat. Baby Girl fell extremely ill as Foster was dying. The vet was no help - yeah, that more than ticked me off.

While I was working on healing Baby Girl I went into MASSIVE research mode. I was determined to find a kibble that had never been recalled and was produced on a closed conveyer belt system. The result - Earthborn Holistic Pet Food. I also feed the cats fresh chicken and rare buffalo.
Hey Deb,
My mom used to call me Connie Girl. We feed our cat Blue Buffalo.
She seems to enjoy it. I found a local distributor for the Earthborn Holistic. We'll give it a try.
© BellaOnline Forums