BellaOnline
Posted By: hollyelise What are you doing today? - 12/16/07 07:50 PM
Hello.

I was just wondering how everyone is, and what you are doing?

We have quite the snow storm today so just about everyone is stuck in their house. You can't even shovel the snow because it's too windy and it would just blow back.

I have my knitting projects but there's been a lot of that lately. I get bored and sometimes lonely, so i'm taking a break and trying to straighten the house.

I might make some christmas cookies. I bent a cookie cutter into the shape of a sweater for my knitters! I thought then i could decorate them with icing in patterns.

What are you up to?
Posted By: Lady J Re: What are you doing today? - 12/16/07 07:56 PM
same thing here holly. No sense in shoveling because its right back where it was when we began. So I am locking us in the house, putzing around on the computer, watching tele, and cooking a ncie pot roast with winter root vegies.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/16/07 08:08 PM
ooooo... i can almost smell your pot roast!!! smile

What have you found on the tele? I had it on, but mostly for noise.
Posted By: Lady J Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 02:33 AM
i am watching the finale of Survivor China ;0)

And the roast is smelling all tooooooo good. Getting ready tot ake it out of the oven and eat it LOL
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 02:59 AM
laugh

I'm watching television now while knitting a scarf for my father for christmas, in some lovely grey-blue Merino yarn.

Did you read Barbara's new articles? They are really good.
Posted By: haridas Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 06:20 AM
I am working.

Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 06:39 PM
I love the photos that come with those quotes on WishAFriend!

Today i am finishing a scarf for my dad, and I want to wrap the gifts for him and his wife and put them in a shipping box.

I also have my calligraphy tools out to make the two things i need to get to a gallery owner. I'm just trying to work on my projects these days and get as much done as i can. I've been averaging 1 - 3 a day, so that's really cranking them out.

And i've been thinking a lot about my life and the new year, and trying to figure out what to do next.

What are other people up to?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 06:59 PM
Watching t.v and stuffing my face, im on steroids for my asthma and have an uncontrollable hunger, one of the many side effects, i'm not getting my mail today because the city housing where i lived hasn't plowed us out from the weekend storm, so i'll just be doing what i do well (nothing)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 07:13 PM
Aww. You need a hug! (((hug)))

You might try drinking a cup of tea every hour or so to help curb your appetite. I've heard some people say that a little bit of lemon juice and hot water really helps you feel full. When you are able to get to the shops, there is also a tea called Yerba Mate which definitely helps curb appetite. It's been used in central and south america for decades at least.... just one caution, it's a stimulant, so don't drink it at night as it will keep you up! I had a house mate of Cuban descent a few years ago, who used to use it to stay alert while studying for finals at college, but her mother uses it to keep her figure.

You'll feel better if you do something today... what could you do? Clean house? Read a book? Home make gifts? Plan how you would like the New Year to be for you? Surf the internet for online educational programs?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 07:18 PM
Thanks Holly,
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/17/07 07:40 PM
Have you thought of something to do today?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 05:42 AM
I see a whole bunch of people looking in this section this evening but no one is posting... come on, folks! Say hi. smile
Posted By: Lady J Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 06:06 AM
today I worked my little heart out. I also worried abotu a couple bills. THen I got off work and ate some wonderful pot roast left-overs last night.

Now I am going to try enjoying my 30th birthday tomorrow ;0)

It's my day off so that should make it nicer LOL
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 06:22 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoooooooOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAAAaaaahh!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 01:55 PM
I had a friend who was on steroids prior to a sinus surgery, they made her hyper as anything and she started jogging to expel some of the energy. This friend and I used to be the same size, and I think now she is probably 2 sizes smaller than me. No more sharing clothes frown Unless I get that Treadmill that I have been asking for.

Today I am working - ha ha - See I get a lot done in the forum.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Jase
today I worked my little heart out. I also worried abotu a couple bills. THen I got off work and ate some wonderful pot roast left-overs last night.

Now I am going to try enjoying my 30th birthday tomorrow ;0)

It's my day off so that should make it nicer LOL

Happy Birthday Jase!!!!!! 30? You are just a baby, I wish I were 30 again!
Posted By: Lady J Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 05:46 PM
Thanks ;0) 30's are going to be a great decade!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 06:06 PM
Jase i knew someone who was on steroids... i think actually it was for asthma if i'm remembering right... and while she was on it she wanted to FIGHT EVERYONE! hahhaaha Gosh, she was so hard to be around for a while! laugh
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 12/18/07 08:54 PM
I have to change now and go out in the snow to go to the store and teach.... i don't wanna goooooooo! haha Can't i stay indoors til spring? pwease?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: What are you doing today? - 04/22/08 05:43 PM
Well, it's spring now! LOL.

What's everyone doing?

I managed to get purple pansies into my window boxes this week, but i'm afraid that's all the planting or yard work i've gotten done. It IS lovely out, though.

How is everyone?
© BellaOnline Forums