BellaOnline
Posted By: franf Andalucia, Travel with a Travel Guide - 01/19/08 04:12 PM
I enjoyed your Andalucia article. I usually travel alone, would you say that hiring a guide to see Andalucia or anyplace in Europe is as good for a single traveler as it is for a group? I know that if your time is limited a guide is great for showing you all the interesting spots. But, what about if you want some down time for yourself?
How much of your time you spend with a guide is up to you. We tended to have dinner with Fran because his conversation was lively and spiced with so many interesting things about the places we visited and about local culture. But that is entirely your call.
Posted By: joanj Re: Andalucia, Travel with a Travel Guide - 01/19/08 11:17 PM
I used to live in southern Spain and Andalucia is beautiful!
Lucky you living in southern Spain! We go whenever we can. This trip I finally got to see the Alhambra in Granada and the Great Mosque of Cordoba. Stay tuned to read about a wonderful new hotel in Cordoba.
Posted By: veranj Re: Andalucia, Travel with a Travel Guide - 10/12/08 11:26 PM
I visited Andalucia last year. Once the great stronghold of Muslim Spain it is rich in history and tradition, containing some of the country's most celebrated treasures: the world-famous Mezquita (mosque) in Cordoba, the Alhambra in Granada, and the great Gothic cathedral in Seville. Give Andalusia at least a week and you'll still have only skimmed the surface. For the interesting and upscale trip look at Escapade Vacation. They offer a variety tours to Spain, including Andalucia. They will help you to create your own unique itinerary, and while seeing all interesting spots you will still have time for yourself. It works for me.
I agree a lifetime of Andalucia and there'd still be more to see, experience and wonder at. I've lived here for nearly 13 years and haven't scratched the surface yet!

Everywhere I've been I want to go back to again.

Rachel
Andalucia for Holidays
Luxury Spain Travel
© BellaOnline Forums