BellaOnline
Posted By: Don -- Softball Baptisms last night - 10/05/09 02:53 PM
Just wanted to share that my son and daughter got baptized last night. I am so proud of them!

I was baptized as an infant, but my kids were not. I'm kinda glad, now, because getting baptized is their choice and something that I hope they'll always remember.

What was really cool was that I got to baptize them! I think I was more nervous than they were. I was joking with my son beforehand that, with all the sin in my life, the water was going to flash into steam and boil away as soon as I stepped into it.

All told, 28 people committed their lives to Christ last night -- it was AWESOME!
Posted By: Mary - Irish Culture Re: Baptisms last night - 10/05/09 03:05 PM
Steam! That's a good one. Imagine if it were so. Hot baths for everyone!

Congratulations on one of life's peak experiences. I'm sure that yours was a very happy home last night.

God bless,
Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit Re: Baptisms last night - 10/06/09 03:23 PM
Don, that's awesome! My daughter was christened as an infant. When she became an adult, she made the decision that she wanted to be baptized. It was a precious moment for me so I can definately relate! You had 2 so you must have been really awed and wowed!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Baptisms last night - 04/14/16 07:58 PM
There is nothing cool in forcing things on babies and children! You at least did not force that garbage on your own children which is nice for them. My parents were never religious and yet they married in a church then forced me and my brother to be baptized and to go through all the following idiocies of that religion.
© BellaOnline Forums