BellaOnline
I was so excited to hear that they were making this movie, though nothing could compare to the originals. The only good thing about the one with Mark Wahlberg was...well...Mark Walhburg. Oops I digress...

So anyway I was at the movie theater by 3 pm to see this one yesterday. I was so disappointed, a lot of cute parts. The audience clapped at another (don't want to spoil it for anyone), but honestly out out a perfect 10. I'd give it a 4. I kept waiting for the action. waiting and waiting...
Yeah that Mark Walberg one wasn't so good. I saw all the originals when I was a kid. I couldn't decide yesterday between that movie and Captain America. We chose Captain America but I'll still watch the Rise of Planet of the Apes when it's on DVD.

I can't wait to see Immortals! Love that type of action movie.
From the trailers it looks good. But the plot line looks as though it will change the history of how the apes came to take over the planet.
Was never a huge fan of the apes series, even the first one, so will probably wait until this goes to DVD...
I liked the original Planet of the Apes.

1. Planet of the Apes (1968) was Great
2. Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) was terrible
3. Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971) was Good
4. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972) was Good
5. Battle of the Planet of the Apes (1973) was Fair
I agree - Beneath the Planet of the Apes was absolutely horrible.
I loved the original movie, but I cannot bring myself to watch this film. I viewed the trailer in the theater, it just haunts the heck out of me. I won't be watching it-period. The question is, WHY does it bother me so much. I had nightmares over this trailer!
© BellaOnline Forums