BellaOnline
Posted By: Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd A New Year A New Mindset - 12/29/13 01:00 AM
It is my hope that 2014 will be your best year yet! I encourage you to go after your dreams. Stand up for what you believe in. Reach beyond your comfort zone. Do something that you've always dreamt of doing, but never thought you could, or thought no one would understand.

A New Year A New Mindset
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: A New Year A New Mindset - 12/29/13 10:16 AM
Hello Ruth and Everybody, What a really fine article, thank you for it. I too had an adverse 2013 year in a way - I was extremely ill and came through my adventures as I call them realising just how precious life is. Oh my, we have so much in us that we do not use, if only we could draw on our strengths and essence without questioning whether or not we have them - we do, I know. Here are some words that some may like to think about ... they come from THE WAY OF CHUANG TZU. 'You cannot put a big load in a small bag, Nor can you, with a short rope, Draw water from a deep well.' Cheers Lestie Container Gardening
Posted By: Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd Re: A New Year A New Mindset - 01/07/14 11:34 AM
Greetings Lestie!

Thank you for those wise words you shared. I totally concur.
There is so much with each of us. And although we may gone through much, we are still here, and able to be productive and contribute to our own lives, as well as those around us. All the best to you in this brand new year!
Ruthe
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: A New Year A New Mindset - 02/06/14 05:46 PM
Hi Ruthe and all,

I was reminded this evening by a friend about how we are ever reaching for ways to improve things in our lives, especially ourselves.

He had an idea that seems to be successful for him so far this year - he has chosen three words or concepts that he wants to introduce or develop or nurture in his character for 2014 and beyond.

Brian's three ideas are Raising self-esteem; Knowing when to stop and Listening more than talking.

Following on I think I will choose Perseverence, Planning more practically and being Prepared as my three 'p' ideas to begin with. Let me see what I can do with those. Maybe I will change later, as there are many ways that I can improve me I am sure, but these three will be a good start.

If you had three new habits to follow or establish, which would you choose do you think?.
© BellaOnline Forums