BellaOnline
Posted By: SandraJ Altered Books of Interest - 11/01/12 05:34 AM
Is anyone interested in altered books? I mean the kind where you take an old book that maybe the library has thrown out and you decorate different pages in whatever method you choose. You can paint, draw, paste pictures, doodle, cut niches and add icons, create a theme, etc. I've always wanted to try this but I guess I haven't got up the nerve to cut/mark on a book! Any suggestions on how to get started?
Posted By: non Re: Altered Books of Interest - 12/17/12 09:52 AM
HI, I personally started with a cheap book from a charity shop. I took out one signature and then starting from the front I painted 6 pages with gesso then treated it like a blank journal.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: SandraJ Re: Altered Books of Interest - 12/17/12 06:18 PM
Hi, non! Thanks, I was hoping someone would start some conversation on this topic. You and I must be the only people interested in altered books. I have an old book that I got for free at a used book store (it was going to be thrown out). I just haven't done anything with it! I sure wish we could post pictures to these entries so we can share ideas! Tell me what you are doing and maybe I'll get the courage to start working on my book. We can at least talk about the changes we make to our books. Sandra
Posted By: clairehobby Re: Altered Books of Interest - 12/19/12 02:59 AM
hmm,i have no ideas about starting it,maybe your old excercise book at childhood can be made use of,excercise book just homework about your course.right?
© BellaOnline Forums