BellaOnline
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Mark Twain books - 11/26/12 04:34 AM
I recently heard about two books authored by Mark Twain that are new to me. They are Diaries of Adam and Eve, that Twain wrote as though he had stepped into their lives right after the worlds formation. The Eve diary is available free as a Kindle book. I picked that right up, and have only read the first few pages.
I really enjoyed Twains Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, and his short stories I have read. has anyone read these Diary books? How did they compare?
Posted By: Carolyn Golden Re: Mark Twain books - 12/06/12 03:41 AM
I love Mark Twain, but have not yet read the 2 you are talking about (you only gave the title for 1?). Mostly his short stories and of course Huck Fin, Roughing It and Life on the Mississippi. I just got his autobiography, which came out 2 years ago, I think. He left strict instructions for it to be published only 100 years after his death, so it was just published. Can't wait to sit and read it! I will have to check out the Diaries and get back to you.
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Re: Mark Twain books - 12/06/12 07:38 PM
Oh, I should have typed out those titles differently - they are Diary of Adam and the Diary of Eve.
I didn't know about that autobiography - something I shall add to my reading list as well!
I really like Mark Twain and his always-witty writing styles! I have never heard about the Diary books until now, thank you for sharing this with us Lisa, i hope it's still free on Amazon Kindle, I'll be sure to check that out in a few minutes. I am yet to read his autobiography as well although i only just heard about it a few months ago through a Twain-crazed associate of mine.
© BellaOnline Forums