BellaOnline
So Samhain is upon us. But which holidays DO you celebrate? And what do you call them? Do you only celebrate the fire festivals? Do you include some kind of moon devotion? I'm interested.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: What holidays DO you celebrate? - 10/28/08 01:33 AM
I celebrate everything. Learning about the holidays of others is very uplifting and fun.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: What holidays DO you celebrate? - 10/28/08 01:40 PM
I celebrate all the Sabbats. If I am doing a solitary ceremony, I use generally accepted Neo-Pagan names for the fire festivals. For the solstices and equinoxes, I will usually call them Summer Solstice, Autumn Equinox, etc. Sometimes I will do a full or new moon ceremony.

I also do devotionals to particular deities but I don't time them to any specific calendar except for belonging to an online flame tending group for Brighid. I would actually like to do more of this with different deities even if I set up my own calendar.

Some of the secular holidays I will honor with my religion in mind just like those of other faiths. For example, since ancestor worship is a strong component of my path and there are a lot of war veterans in generations of my family, I will show reverence on Memorial Day to the ancestors and to gods of war and peace.
Posted By: Candy Tutt Re: What holidays DO you celebrate? - 10/28/08 02:00 PM
Samhain (aka Halloween) OF COURSE... Yule... Ostara/Easter... Summer Solstice
© BellaOnline Forums