BellaOnline
Posted By: coffeeaddict Samhain Feasts? - 10/30/06 11:39 PM
What do you consider to be a traditional meal (if any) for Samhain?
Posted By: FionaBlackwolf Re: Samhain Feasts? - 10/31/06 02:22 AM
I don't know that there is a specific traditional feast but this is the 3rd harvest. The harvest of late fruits like apples, and of nuts. It is also the time when the meat would be butchered and put up for the winter (cured or dried etc). So you might keep that in mind and choose foods that are seasonal.

Also it is traditional for some to prepare a supper of foods that are from recipes of relatives or foods of your heritage.

Hope that helps
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Samhain Feasts? - 10/31/06 04:33 PM
Samhain Blessings, everyone!

Some people have a "dumb supper" for Samhain. It's a ritual meal for the living and the spirits, where the living folk don't speak at all the entire time, communing with Spirit for the entire meal.

I'm going to try and get a few of the last veggies out of the garden for my dinner tonight.
Posted By: Autumnsfolly Re: Samhain Feasts? - 11/07/06 04:21 AM
Quote:
Some people have a "dumb supper" for Samhain. It's a ritual meal for the living and the spirits, where the living folk don't speak at all the entire time, communing with Spirit for the entire meal.

*nods* Yes, and many times I've heard that you should serve "dark foods". For example, dark breads like pumpernickle, dark fruits like red or black grapes, plums, blueberries, red meat, pomegranates, dark cheeses like sharp cheddar, etc. I've been to dumb suppers where the feast was created in this way - it was very beautiful.
© BellaOnline Forums