BellaOnline
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Paganism and self development - 08/31/15 05:20 PM
Active self development seems to be an overlooked topic by many Pagans today This article looks at some of the ways you can re-integrate it into your personal practice
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Paganism and self development - 09/07/15 10:50 AM
Great points Ian smile

I think self-development is overlooked in a lot of spiritual practices LOL!!

Last Summer, at a gathering at a Science of Mind Church, I watched a guy yell at someone, accusing them of not following the principles taught by the founder, Ernest Holmes, and then they picked up a chair and slammed it down in front of the person they'd been accusing. Weird, right?

But I can remember when I was only interested in developing my abilities, but not so much on becoming a more conscious person. I'm sure I was as annoying as anyone could be, minus the chair throwing LOL.

Thanks for this great reminder Ian smile
Posted By: jkovach Re: Paganism and self development - 09/10/15 09:14 AM
Paganism is a fascinating way of life and practice...many of our modern religions today have roots in Paganism
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Paganism and self development - 09/10/15 10:23 AM
Indeed they did smile

Paganism itself has it's roots in early Shamanic practices
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Paganism and self development - 09/11/15 03:26 AM
Deanna, I think I was lucky (or had an excellent previous incarnation smile ) in that I 'discovered' the psychospiritual disciplines of Taoism, Buddhism, and Zen, in Mexico at the same time I was learning about magick. My Brujo friend "Jim" also emphasised self-development having seen too many people try to solve problems with magick that could have been avoided by empathy and staying calm.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Paganism and self development - 09/21/15 08:11 PM
Oh Ian, that's so beautiful. I definitely try to choose empathy and staying calm first LOL!! I don't always succeed, so when that happens, I try to have empathy and calm. Again. wink
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Paganism and self development - 09/23/15 05:25 PM
Truly it is written: "You can meditate, breath correctly, practice right action- and still want to slap some people" 3:)
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Paganism and self development - 09/27/15 10:12 AM
Or I love this one:

I was calm, centered, and at peace with the world. And then I left the house to go to work. LOL!!!
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Paganism and self development - 10/22/15 03:04 PM
The link at the top of the page seems to have connected itself to another article. So here's the correct link again (I hope!) smile
Posted By: jkovach Re: Paganism and self development - 12/01/15 05:23 PM
I agree! But then I just breathe more deeply and hope that goes away!
© BellaOnline Forums