BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Opinions - 10/12/06 07:10 AM
If some body tells you that you look tired, or old or aged, does that affect your body image?
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Opinions - 10/13/06 07:07 AM
Well, if they tell me I look tired, I tend to agree with them LOL Lately I have been real tired from different kinds of stress in my life.
Posted By: Laurie PK Re: Opinions - 10/13/06 01:32 PM
I think if there's a reason I'm tired and look old, like I'm sick or had a rough night, then my body image isn't affected when someone tells me I look tired. But if I feel great and look the best I can, and someone kindly tells me I look old, then my body image won't easily survive that hit!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Opinions - 10/15/06 05:35 AM
Quote:
Well, if they tell me I look tired, I tend to agree with them LOL Lately I have been real tired from different kinds of stress in my life.

You are really tired as you said. what if you are not, and some body makes a statement? does that affect you?
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers Re: Opinions - 10/15/06 07:42 AM
For me, it really depends on WHO says it. There are people whose opinion I value and trust with regard to how I look and there are people who I KNOW have trouble saying anything nice about anyone. For the most part, unless it's someone I trust to give honest statements, it doesn't affect me. However, if I already feel uncomfortable about something and someone points it out, then it really affects me.

Julie
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Opinions - 10/20/06 04:02 AM
Thanks for all responses.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Opinions - 10/25/06 04:40 AM
I do not remeber the whole story, but when i was a child we used to read a story. Some thugs convinced a man in to believing that the cow with him was a donkey. that man despite all his confidence believed that because who ever he met asked him why he was taking a donkey along with him. After he left the cow, the thugs ran away with the cow. that is the power of opinions.
Posted By: Laurie PK Re: Opinions - 10/29/06 11:12 AM
Truly, it's surprisingly difficult to be yourself - have your own opinions and goals - and not worry about what others think!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Opinions - 11/02/06 06:46 AM
We are always affected by what others think. We do not have our own bench mark. so we look around and decide.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Opinions - 03/09/15 07:10 PM
Not at all. I have heard just about all the insults that exists (yes even nazi) so hearing these three things sure won't hurt me at all. These things are not even insults even when said by people who think it is.
© BellaOnline Forums