BellaOnline
Hi everyone,

Apple has recently announced that the iTunes site will soon feature 90 second previews on tracks over 2 and a half minutes.

What do you think? Is this a good idea? Let me know your thoughts!

Happy thanksgiving.

Clare
MP3 / iTunes editor
That's interesting - I certainly think the longer the better. Sometimes the snippet they played was just an interlude and not the "main song" which made it hard for me to know if it was the version I was looking for. A longer piece would help with that!
I agree - longer is better, to remind me of the song in question and get me jazzed to buy it.
I agree that the increased preview time is a good idea and as alot of bands I listen to start their music with long introductions, I don't get a good chance to find out if the rest of the song is any good.
I think it's a great idea. I agree that the more of a sample the better idea you have of whether to buy. Besides you don't have to listen to the whole sample, so I can't see a downside.

Anne
I think it's a great idea too. In fact, I usually try to find the song on youtube so I can hear the whole song first. And many artists have the entire song to listen to on their website.

I'm annoyed with iTunes anyway... I shop for my mp3s at Amazon. Of course, they don't give a full preview either.
© BellaOnline Forums