BellaOnline
Posted By: Deanna - New Age What are you grateful for today? - 07/23/15 10:56 AM
Gratitude is a powerful way to shift our thoughts and feelings when we are feeling overwhelmed, upset, or down.

And the fact is, if we aren't being grateful, we are taking our life for granted.

What are you grateful for today?
I am so happy and grateful that my daughter and I are reading "Illusions" by Richard Back, together. My Grama gave me this book and I read it when I was a teenager, and it really made me think about life, but I didn't have anyone to really talk about it with, so I let those questions fade into the background. Now my daughter and I are reading it (I'm reading my 30 some-odd year old copy - she has her own) and it's so amazing to get to discuss the book with her. It brings total happiness to my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am so happy and grateful that one of my friend's reminded today me of the importance of breathing! Yes, we think we breath all day long, and we do, but sometimes we are actually doing the bare minimum to keep us going! There is nothing like deep, belly breathing. I did it, and I noticed a difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you laugh
I am so happy and grateful for tweezers. Enough said wink
I am so happy and grateful that my kids and I got to spend the day in Carlsbad yesterday with some lovely friends. The weather was beautiful, the food was fantastic, and I even had time to do some reading!

Sometimes it's just good to get away - even if it's only a day trip. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and thankful that yesterday, when I had an appointment with a client (and forgot), and my client showed up, right on time, and I was in my jammies being distracted by my computer, that she was so easy going about it.

I love the easy going people in my life, and how they teach me that being easy going just feels better. Oh, I did get dressed, like in a flash!
I am so happy and grateful that I received the gift of a Celestite stone this week. What a lovely energy; it feels very angelic and peaceful. Just what I needed. XOXOXOX
I am so happy and grateful that I can remember when I was a little kid, and my mom would tuck me into bed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am so happy and grateful that I discovered Pandora radio. I LOVE that I can create my own music channels and pick and choose my favorite music for that channel.

It's so great to have music for certain things. Sometimes I want happy, dancy music, and other times, more peaceful music. Whatever the music, it certainly makes the mood, doesn't it laugh

What are you grateful for today?
I am so happy and grateful that my prep time for a class I'm streaming later today fell together so nicely, and I was done hours earlier than I'd anticipated laugh YAY!!! Free time! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I got to talk to my granddaughter (one of them) last night. They live in HI and I live in the land of Oz...She (my granddaughter) answered the phone and recognized my voice!
How cute!

The same happened to me yesterday. My little granddaughter started kindergarten and she's been itching to talk to me, but I kept putting the call off.

Well, we had a great conversation and was grateful to hear her little, excited voice. She's in AZ.
Yes...I'm still smiling... I'm glad you had a great convo Allyson. It makes the world a better place to connect with those that you love. You doing ok?
It does Jana and I'm doing really well...thanks!
I am so glad to hear that Allyson. Really. People underestimate me because I'm quiet...but...Don't underestimate me because I'm quiet. I know more than I say. I think more than I speak and I observe more than you know. Putting that on a t-shirt!
hahaha! Let me know how much the t-shirts are! smile
I will...
Hi Ladies smile That was so awesome that you got to connect with loved ones. Jana, I have noticed that you're quiet, but have definitely always thought you were someone who should never be underestimated!

Allyson, it's wonderful to see you back!! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well laugh
Thanks Deanna...I used to be very outgoing but I learned to hang back and observe.

Yes Allyson glad to see the Recipe Queen back!
lol...thanks ladies!
Ur welcome Allyson!
I am so happy and grateful that I thought to add lavender to my coffee when I was brewing it up this morning. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lavender in my coffee.

I know it may sound weird, most people want coffee to perk them up, and lavender is relaxing LOL. But I don't think I drink enough coffee for it to matter wink I like the more relaxing benefits of the lavender. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now that's very interesting. I don't drink coffee much, but when I do it's Starbucks.....I'll have to try that. BTW love your pic. What is in your hand?
Jana, it's so delicious!!!

And that is a crystal ball in my hand laugh
Deanna - did you ever have trouble putting your profile pic on here. I had no problem loading it up withing the correct pixel size, but it just didn't want to take it - that was a couple of months ago though....just curious
Where do I get a crystal ball Deanna?
Jana, I actually got that one at a gem and mineral fair smile But they usually have them at metaphysical bookstores too laugh
I am so happy and grateful that as I prepped for a talk I'm giving later this week, it turned out totally different than what I thought it would be. I just love when that happens; like something is out there, and wants to be said, and says "oh look, she's talking..." Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful for this marvelous minty oil that helps with sore muscles. My shoulder is so sore!! But this oil really helps, and then I can relax, and I know that helps speed up the healing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful that my aunt had such an easy time at the docs yesterday, and that afterwards I could take her shopping. She had a good time - and that means I had a good time too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am so happy and grateful that we had left-over coffee from yesterday, because we are totally out! So, though I will be heading out for coffee soon, I didn't have to do it at 5:45am in the morning. Yes, I get to enjoy a little more jammie time! Because yes, I AM drinking that left over coffee. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and thankful that my husband, Dave, who is playing with a band in Big Bear for the Run for the Grizzlies benefit in a couple of weeks, got new tubes for his amp and he LOVES how they sound. When a musician is happy, the whole house is happy smile Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I had someone get mad at me today because I was talking about gratitude. They told me I was in denial, and that life is hard wink

And without a doubt, I do believe life can be very hard. But that doesn't mean we should take what we do have for granted - I still believe that if we aren't expressing gratitude for our life, then we are taking it for granted.

If nothing else, we can be grateful we woke up on the upper side of the grass wink
I am so happy and grateful that a friend of mine called me yesterday. I'd been thinking about her, but kept putting off calling because I was busy. Then out of the blue she called me. It was really nice to catch up, and make plans to get together. Friendships need to be nurtured. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful that I got to spend time outside watching the gorgeous super full moon rise, and then I got to see it this morning too!! What a great way to start the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful that I'll get to see my son off to college, and help him get moved into his dorm today.

He's only moving about 20 miles away from home, so I'm triply grateful I'm not putting him on a plane!!!

I've been very emotional, and teary-eyed this morning. Yesterday evening, I actually sat and sobbed a while, but I really am just so happy, and proud of him. I'm so grateful he gets to have this experience.

Ooops... getting teary-eyed again, but it's okay. This is a good step for him.

So yes, I am so happy and grateful, and proud. So very, very proud. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
"Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some." ~ Charles Dickens

Dwelling on past mistakes brings down our vibration, and our ability to love and have awareness of our own indwelling Divinity. Gratitude within every circumstance helps us to move forward, shine our light, and move toward those unlimited possibilities. And I'm not saying to have gratitude for some [censored] experience - but no matter what [censored] thing is happening right now, find something, anything,to be grateful for.

What are you grateful for today? xoxoxo
I am so happy and grateful I got to have dinner with my son last night. He showed me around his school, just a bit, because it's a giant campus! It was so nice getting to eat dinner together, outside, and just getting to hear about his adventures. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful for coffee pots that can be programmed to have your coffee ready first thing in the morning. It's an amazing feel to get up out of bed, and there's coffee - waiting for you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm grateful for my partner and how thoughtful and considerate he is. He always surprises me and goes above and beyond to make sure I'm happy and have everything I need. He always puts himself out for 'us' and really supports and protects our relationship. Thank you!
I am grateful for the creativity and tools I have been given.
I am so happy and grateful that I feel better today!! The last couple of days I haven't felt too hot - so am VERY happy to be feeling more like myself today!!

Also very happy that I have all my windows open this morning, and can enjoy some beautiful Autumn-ish weather wink

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
I am so happy and grateful that my mom's two caregivers got her up and sitting on the edge of her bed. That's a big deal for a woman who has been bed ridden for one year now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
That's a great thing to be grateful for. How amazing smile
I'm grateful for my friends and the support they offer. Its such a joy to have like minded friends around to share with
Oh Tracy I agree! Supportive friends make life happier, and much easier to deal with!
Jeff, the pets, friends, the sunshine, and having the energy to clean today.
And the desire. smile
Chel, having the "desire" to do things is something I am SOOOO grateful for too.

It was such a great day smile
I am so happy and grateful my daughter and I had so much fun yesterday! She wanted to do some shopping, and I was the "cool" mom and found her two really super cute shirts - it always surprises her when I do that.
I'm grateful for my son ... he is where I find my peace.
Hmmmm . . . I though I was grumpy, but it was just because the coffee would not make fast enough.

Now, I am grateful for my husband who is in a good mood, and the beautiful signs of autumn outside the window. I'm also grateful I posted my article.
I am so happy and grateful my husband took the day off yesterday so we could celebrate our 25 year wedding anniversary. We had such a nice lunch out. He's a good man, and I'm very thankful for him.
Happy Happy Anniversary, Deanna! I'm glad you had a nice lunch!
Thanks Chel smile It's quite a milestone!
It is!!! Jeff and I were married in 1997 - December 6th.
It's 2015. So, 2015 minus 1997 equals:
We will be married 18 years.

(Yes, I had to do the math on a calculator.)
I am so happy and grateful for such a beautiful and peaceful All Hallow's Eve. My husband made the most delicious Tortilla Soup, and we watched a couple of my Halloween favorites, "The Sixth Sense," and "Practical Magic."

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful that my husband wants to be in charge of the grocery shopping. What a relief!! And he always saves more money, and buys more interesting things than I would. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am grateful today for warm blueberry muffins made by my husband. He is having a good week. I am also grateful for my relaxed state of mind, and my creativity.
I'm grateful that a family member who has been having health issues got a good report from the doctor today. Hope everyone has a great day!
Angela - That is one of the best kind of gratitudes!!!! I know.
Definitely, Michelle. It helps to focus on the positive.
Chel, I'm so happy to hear your hubby is having a good week - blueberry muffins are a good sign then smile

And Angela, that's good news for sure laugh

I am thankful for a lovely family dinner. My boy is in college now, so our family dinners don't happen as often as they used to, but when they do, they are awesome!!! And I'm deeply thankful smile
Today, I am thankful for order. I mean the list making kind of order. This is a gift I truly believe I have been given in order to help battle my OCD, as well as keep some semblance of order in my mind. It allows me to do the things I need to do on a daily basis, and yet find the time for the creative side of my life.
Chel, I'm grateful for that kind of order too. Yesterday I got a new "Let it Snow" spiral bound notebook, with a cute reindeer on the front of it. It's the little things, and I love having a binder that's seasonal. I just get a big smile when I look at it laugh
Oh wow! I love your new notebook. And, I went notebook shopping as well at Kroger of all places. I came home with a notebook with a heart and a bird and a ukulele on the cover!!!

We have our notebooks, Deanna, and now we need to WRITE, JOURNAL AND CREATE!
I am so happy and thankful for my Fitbit Zip. It reminds me that I want to take over 5,000 steps a day, and I often do because of it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful that my son came home from college yesterday just to go to the movies with my daughter and I. We saw MockingJay Part 2 - and it was amazing. Then we got Subway for dinner before he headed back to campus to prep for his upcoming finals. What a great day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am so grateful my mom taught me to knit. It's a relaxing activity, and something cozy always comes out of it. Thanks mom! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am so happy and grateful for the giant box of "31" stuff my sister sent me. So many fun ways to organize. It's a super nice distraction just when I need it LOL!! Thanks sis! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
A new contract!!!
Oh Jana, do tell smile ??
I am so happy and grateful that I love to read. And people who love reading too know why I love to read. Books are friends. Especially those we go back to year after year. When I see my favorite book at a book store, I always smile and pull it off the shelf just too look at it, even though I already have a copy. I just want to say "hi" I suppose LOL! I love my books. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.
I am grateful for my family, which includes our companion animals.
We are celebrating the second anniversary of our Emotional Support dogs!
I am so happy and grateful for animal companions too (and my family too LOL). We have a dog, and are currently keeping our eyes open for another one - a puppy for my daughter. I am so excited about bringing a new pup into the household.
A new puppy!!!!
Woot!
And, you must share pictures.
Chel
Oh absolutely! We went and looked at a rescue center yesterday. They did have a little I fell in love with. But this is about my daughter. My hubby can't handle the idea of three dogs - so my girl can get her pup first.

She'd really like a Samoyed.

Today I am so happy and grateful that there are places that take in animals, keep them safe and healthy, and do what they can to find them a forever home.
I am so happy and grateful for a such a nice visit with our out of town friends last night. They live in Phoenix, so we don't see them a lot, but have gotten to see them twice in the last month. YAY!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am grateful for my creative abilities, friends old and new, unread books, and the pizza Jeff is making.
I am so happy and grateful for a beautiful spring-like winter day here in Southern California. And that I'll be getting a massage!! Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am so happy and grateful for all the kindness and light that has come to me over this last week. It's been a tough one; my favorite aunt died last Sunday night. But we have a new puppy, and he's just a ball of love and joyfulness, and laughter seems to be a direct result of his shenanigans.

Thank you, thank you, thank you XOXOXO
I am so happy and grateful for our new Keurig coffee maker. It's so cool. And mostly I just like that I'm not always the one that has to make up a pot of coffee, and try to guess how much everyone will drink. I hate wasting coffee. I'd often just reheat old coffee, and tell everyone it was fresh. HA HA!!!

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm grateful to be on vacation from work. I'm grateful to be writing daily during this vacation. I'm grateful to have the time to spend time in the BOL forums!
I am so happy and grateful that my mom is being moved into rehab, so she can get stronger and more independent.

I'm also so happy and grateful to be invited to speak at a local Center for Spiritual Living this June. My goal is to fill in at a local new thought center at least once a month.

I am also very happy and grateful that my husband was able to fix our air conditioner so easily yesterday!!! It had gone out JUST as our weather climbed to the mid 90s. Yikes!!

And, I'm very happy and grateful that I'm back on my regular sleep routine. It got thrown off last Tuesday when I had to take my mom to ER. I just couldn't seem to get caught up. This morning though I was up easily at 5:15am - my favorite time to wake up (when I'm well rested that is LOL). So I have now have a couple of hours of a quiet home all to myself.

I am so happy and grateful that it's cooled down a wee bit - it's still in the 90s, but the 90s are so much easier than the 100s LOL!!!
I am so happy and grateful that my son took the time to play with our very amped up golden retriever this morning! A tired happy dog is so easy to be around LOL!!!

I am so happy and grateful for erasable colored pens. I'm a person who loves an actual planner that I can write in, and yes, even decorate just a bit. Erasable colored pens are the BOMB! And I don't have to have a bunch of scratched out stuff when I change my plans.

I am so happy and grateful that yesterday, when I had to make a 2 hour drive to pick up my daughter, it was an easy drive, with easy flowing traffic. No scares, no close calls, just peacefulness, and then a really great conversation with my daughter on the way home.

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am grateful that I've gotten to know you and Connie and Mona through Bella OnLine. It's so wonderful to find others who enjoy writing about their passions! Hope all is well with you!
I'm grateful to have the energy to get out and garden!
Posted By: ChidoriDreams2 Re: What are you grateful for today? - 05/13/19 03:24 PM
I am grateful to be back at Bellaonline after a hiatus of several years. Much transpired during that time. It's nice to see familiar face here although I see that the forums are less active in some of the topics I used to follow. Let's change that, shall we?
© BellaOnline Forums