BellaOnline
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor hair band = tension spring - 07/07/12 11:28 PM
I recently lost the tension spring for my ashford traditional wheel. They are $3 to replace. Probably a very inconvenient special order for my local spinning and weaving supply, or I could order from a big online outfit and pay a huge amount for shipping. It is a relatively small cost for the spring, but a huge inconvenience.
My friend told me to use a hair tie -like a pony tail holder. She said she prefers them because they are just a little more sensitive than the tension springs. I was also missing the plastic monofilament stuff that tithe spring attaches tie. I used monofilament fishing line to replace it.
So, my wheel is up and spinning again, without spending a penny!
thought I would pass this one!
Posted By: Laun-spinning editor Re: hair band = tension spring - 07/10/12 05:23 PM
Thanks so much for the inspiration Lisa! My latest article is focused on how to keep your spinning wheel going using the stuff that we all have in the junk drawer!
Fast Fixes For Spinning Wheels
I saw that - I think it is great, and I am so glad to know that this reference is available now. Thanks, Laun!
© BellaOnline Forums