BellaOnline
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH School Phobia - 08/17/13 05:11 PM
It is that time of year again. The summer is coming to an end and many children are getting ready to go back to school. While most children are excited to see friends and take on new lessons and assignments, a few children are feeling the exact opposite; dread and fear.

If the fear is significant and the child complains of headaches and stomachaches or becomes physically ill when it is time to go to school, the child could have school phobia.

School Phobia
Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance Re: School Phobia - 08/17/13 09:45 PM
It takes me awhile to read (head injury/visual) but I'm going to try my best smile

Before even reading it, I can tell you this Phobia, IS real and a detailed one at that.

While some people can get frustrated w/a child having a phobia such as this, underneath, there's a lot of special-ness going on inside that little brain.

And as a parent, support, support, support. Listen to how your child is feeling, what exactly is going on in that developing "little head" of theirs and help that light shine! wink
Posted By: Bewel_Gelespi Re: School Phobia - 08/23/13 01:52 AM
Well it is a common thing that we have in our mind as some child have a kind of phobia and they do not go to the schools and remain mentally disturb while creating the bad thoughts. So, I think that we should must be taken care of it and must try to eliminate this fear from the brain.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: School Phobia - 08/24/13 10:08 AM
Well said Elleise!
Sometimes a child is unable to verbally express themselves and need so badly for someone to take notice and help understand what is going on.

Bewel Gelespi, so true. If one does not intervene when these issues arise, a child can continue to suffer and become more and more anxious and depressed, leading to more severe mental health conditions in the future.
© BellaOnline Forums