BellaOnline
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Identity Crisis - 05/04/13 12:01 PM
Have you ever felt confused about who you are or where your life is going? Have you ever questioned the meaning and value of your existence? If you answered yes to these questions, you may have been experiencing an identity crisis.

Identity Crisis
Posted By: ancientflaxman Re: Identity Crisis - 05/04/13 01:08 PM
Dr. Hershey, I enjoyed the article.

I remember studying and doing research about a therapist named Karen Hornei in Germany. She came from a very troubled childhood and despite the odds against her she went on to help many people. Such accounts as this are inspirational to me. If I may ask, at what point in your life did you decide to help people in this way and why?,,,dave
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Identity Crisis - 05/04/13 01:25 PM
Dave,
Thank you so much. I made a small reference to my own own personal struggle/crisis in my Editor Bio.
Here is the main gist:

As a young child, I remember having an inquisitive mind about human nature and the emotional experience of other people. When I was 12 years old, however, my focus turned toward my own personal pain. My parents went through a very conflictual divorce. My mom felt my brother and I needed to be in therapy in order to help us understand and process our feelings of confusion and sadness.

Over the next several years, while meeting once a week with a therapist, I came to realize that I wanted to help and support people the way this lady was helping and supporting me. The experience of the therapy process and this caring woman made a significant impact on me, and I knew then I wanted to make the same impact on others.
Posted By: ancientflaxman Re: Identity Crisis - 05/04/13 01:37 PM
Thank you for your reply. My best to you !!! dave
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Identity Crisis - 05/04/13 01:40 PM
Dave,
Thank you for reading my articles and commenting and giving feedback. It makes writing articles that much more enjoyable. smile
© BellaOnline Forums