BellaOnline
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH The Psychology of Yoga - 02/02/13 07:10 PM
If you have ever taken a yoga class, you may remember how you felt afterward: invigorated, peaceful, relaxed. While many people practice yoga and enjoy the physical benefits —flexibility and strength—it can be a valuable practice for those experiencing stress, insomnia, anxiety, and depression.

The Psychology of Yoga

Have you or someone you know found the practice of yoga to be helpful in reducing stress, sadness or anxiety?
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: The Psychology of Yoga - 02/04/13 12:19 PM
I took a restorative yoga class this weekend and it really helped to calm my mind and relax my body.

What experiences have you all had with the practice of yoga?
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: The Psychology of Yoga - 02/04/13 12:34 PM
I have found yoga to be very helpful with reducing stress. The breathing exercises seem especially calming to me. I try to practice a little each day to keep the tension at bay. I really notice the difference in how I feel when I miss a few days of yoga.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: The Psychology of Yoga - 02/05/13 09:41 AM
Sandra,
I have noticed that many Bellaonline editors practice yoga. smile

The other great experience I am having with yoga, is the decrease in pain I feel in my lower back.

It is truly a mind, body and spiritual experience!
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: The Psychology of Yoga - 03/15/13 11:58 AM
Hi there, Loved your article on the Psychology of Yoga smile Thanks for posting it
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: The Psychology of Yoga - 03/16/13 10:18 AM
Thanks Tracy !
I hope other people find yoga as spiritual and psychologically healing as I.
smile
© BellaOnline Forums