BellaOnline
Posted By: Burt B. Magical Thinking Revisited - 01/15/13 10:58 AM
I asked God for a mortgage-free paid-off home to live in for the rest of my life.

It happened.

Yes, there were tax attorneys and real estate attorneys involved and practical but necessary paper filings.

The mortgage has been dissolved.

Here is an excerpt from a Psychology Today article:

" Not So Silly After All

Who are WE to say the dreamers have it wrong? Carol Nemeroff and Paul Rozin point out that many magical beliefs have gained some element of scientific validity:

Magical contagion: Germ theory has shown that we have reason to fear that something invisible and negative can be transmitted by contact. Bacteria are the new curses.

Holographic existence: The idea that the whole is contained in each of its parts is born out by biology. Every cell in your body contains all of the DNA needed to create an entire person.

Action at a distance: Can voodoo dolls and magic wands have an impact? Well, gravitational pull works at a distance. So do remote controls, through electromagnetic radiation.

Mind over matter: The placebo effect is well-documented. Just thinking that an inert pill will have a medical effect on you makes it so.

Mana: Mana is the Polynesian term for the ubiquitous concept of communicable supernatural power. There is indeed a universally applicable parcel of influence that is abstract and connects us all: money. "

Hmm...

It seems that science is 'catching up' to what ancient peoples used to survive that many of us dismiss as "superstition".

Looking forward to your questions, observations and comments.

Here is the link to the whole article:

http:
//www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200802/magical-thinking

Sincerely,

Burt B.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 01/16/13 11:37 AM
Burt,
Interesting article. It also brings up the idea of, "Is a coincidence just a coincidence?" Wondering how people view this concept.
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 01/16/13 05:36 PM
Thank You Doctor.

Yes, I would be curious to find out how others feel about this also.

smile
I think things happen for a reason and that there are no coincidences.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 01/22/13 04:31 PM
I also think there are no coincidences. It is a message that has meaning....

What does everyone else think?
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 01/22/13 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Dr. Ilyssa-Mental Health
I also think there are no coincidences. It is a message that has meaning....

What does everyone else think?

This opens up the conversation to certain immutable universal laws that govern and manage life well beyond our humble globe.

They are immutable in the manner and sense that they are beyond the reproach of human opinion.

One of these laws is reincarnation.

To clarify, I mean reincarnation of an individual human soul and its individualized manifestation of spirit from one human body and form to another human body and form throughout the span of time.

Coincidence?

Nay I say, but more like the outworking and outpicturing of past sowings and reapings of energy qualified by free will choice come home to roost for good or for ill.

This spiritual science has been stolen from western civilization in the last 400 years by very clever individuals who desired control by fear in church and state.

It is a science, not a quasi-science.

If you think about it, it explains a lot.

-- Burt B.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 02/09/13 03:05 PM
Burt, I like that you have a paid off home to live in. It makes me happy to think you have that set up, and have one less huge worry on your mind.
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Magical Thinking Revisited - 02/09/13 03:35 PM
Amen.

Thank You Jilly smile
© BellaOnline Forums