BellaOnline
I've been kind of glued to the Olympic coverage quite a bit. I was interested to see Carl Lewis, a former Olympian interviewed where he said that for him anyway, it was his ability to keep his emotions out from affecting his game plan that led him to winning his medals.

Do you think emotions are more of a hindrance than a help much of the time?

Please see my latest article about this: Mr Spock, Unemotional Analysis
Hi Sabera,

Thanks for the article! I had pretty much stopped watching the Olympics because it seemed no matter what time I turned it on at various times during the day - the ONLY thing I ever saw were the women's volleyball (most of the time), swimming (some of the time and women's gymnastics once. LOL...

I think emotions are important, even I think some people do their best work during emotional moments - and others who do not. Though there are many times that I wish that people had that Spock like ability to work and get things done without emotions.
Hi Dianne

Sure I agree that emotions are important. Perhaps they can get a bad rap because they can be seen to be taking us out of control. Going back to the Olympics (I know...) : ) it's really cool this time around for women and men to burst into tears on the podium, or have noticeable tears in the eyes, which certainly reflects a change in how emotions are seen. Perhaps Spock is becoming dated !
© BellaOnline Forums