BellaOnline
Posted By: childrensmovies Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 06/29/10 06:06 AM
DESPICABLE ME MOVIE GIVEAWAY

In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose buses, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknown-st to the neighbors, hidden deep beneath this house is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by an army of tireless, little yellow minions, we discover Gru planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. he is going to steal the moon.

Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.

One of the world's greatest super-villains has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls name Margo, Edith, and Agnes.

Above is a brief synopsis of Universal's newest 3-D CGI feature, DESPICABLE ME, coming to theatres on JULY 9th.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: From June 29 to July 5, there will be one question posted each day pertaining to the movie. The first person to post the correct answer to the question receives a point for the question. The person with the most correct answers after the last question is posted on July 5th, wins the amazing prizes listed below.

ONE WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
  • $100 Fandango Gift Card for family movie night! $100 Fandango Gift Card for family movie night!
  • Youth Shirt
  • Youth Hat
  • Moo-Can (it moos!)
  • Pencil with Minion Topper
  • Balloon
  • Minion Stamp

Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 06/29/10 06:29 AM
Although the film has yet to be released, all answers to the questions can be found by reading the Despicable Me article posted at the Children's Movie site or by searching the Internet.

Question 1: What is the name of Gru's arch-rival and what big heist did this arch-rival perform to become the #1 villain?
Vector is Gru�s arch-rival and he stole an ancient pyramid to become the best villain smile .
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 06/30/10 01:44 AM
You are correct Steven! Great job!
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 06/30/10 04:38 AM
Question 2: What is the name of the orphanage that the three little girls lived at?
It's just called the orphanage isn't it Cathy?
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/01/10 02:23 PM
Nope, it actually has a name. This question requires searching Google, or any search engine. I couldn't remember the name myself. Just remember seeing it on the building in the movie.

However, my next question might help in your search.

Question 3: Who runs the orphanage?
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/01/10 04:14 PM
Answer #2: Home for Girls
(found it on the 'Variety.com' review listed as - Miss Hattie's Home for Girls)

Answer #3: Miss Hattie (Kristen Wiig)
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/02/10 02:26 AM
Beetlemess, you are correct for both questions 2 and 3.
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/02/10 02:37 PM
Question 4: What bank does Gru try to secure a loan for his scheme?
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/02/10 02:57 PM
the 'Bank of Evil' (formerly called 'Lehman Brothers')
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/05/10 12:20 AM
You are correct Beetlemess!

Question 5: What is the name of the person who runs the Bank of Evil and the actor lending his voice to the character?
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/05/10 12:21 AM
Question 6: What is Vector's vice (be specific)?
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/05/10 11:22 PM

Answer #5: Mr. Perkins runs the bank & is voiced by Will Arnett

Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/05/10 11:24 PM
Answer #6: Vector has a sweet tooth for the Girl Scout oatmeal cookies.
Posted By: childrensmovies Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/06/10 01:24 AM
Beetlemess, you are on a roll! Congratulations for being the WINNER of the Despicable Me Movie Giveaway!

To claim your prize, please send me a pm with your name and address.

Again, CONGRATS!!!! And, thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway. Make sure to go see Despicable Me in theatres July 9, 2010. You'll love it!
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 07/06/10 04:48 PM
I've learned so much about the movie that I have a date with my granddaughter to go see it when it come out later this week.

Thanks - PM submitted
Posted By: Smiera Re: Despicable Me Movie Giveaway! - 11/02/10 11:22 AM
Despicable is a good movie and I enjoyed it so much, a couple of days ago . I want to enjoy it again. It gave a new experience to face your own fears that you haven't experienced yet. Horror ropes can also teach us something new.
© BellaOnline Forums