BellaOnline
I saw a DVD version of the movie this weekend.
mmm...showing the couple either losing the baby or being told that she could not have babies...I guess which was supposed to explain why they were childless???
mmm...when he hit the man over the head - they actually showed red for the blood...
mmm...the scene with him sitting in what appeared to be a funeral home after his wife died.
mmm...him getting a summons to go to court

my family and I sat with my four year old nephew who actually ran out of the room and said "I shouldn't be watching this..."

But I spoke to someone else who said that they did not see any of this in the movie. Are there two versions?
Dianne -

it sounds like were hoaxed by the "cheap knock-off Brazilian" company that does AWFUL versions of movies solely to trick people into buying them.

I rant about that here, on the Amazon page for this up knock-off -

What's Up FAKE MOVIE

They also made "Ratatoing" which is a fake version of Ratatouille, a fake version of "Cars" with lots of people smoking in it, and so on.

Posted By: Jilly Re: Are there two versions of the movie "UP"? - 12/28/09 07:10 PM
That is very interesting. I wonder why more companies don't do this. I am not in favor of the idea, but it seems just so obvious as a way to milk money off of a popular idea.

Like a fake Star Wars, called Star Warriors, or something. Henry Potter. Idaho Jones and the Catacombs of Death. The Ring Fellowship, Both Towers and The King Returns. lol
© BellaOnline Forums