BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Shy - 12/04/10 11:16 PM
Hey, anyone out there that is doing "belly dancing" and on the shy side?

I think it is a beautiful dance and of course exercise, but I just cannot get myself to do it even in private. I guess it is an art like the dances they do in Hawaii.

Would love to hear from anyone who overcame this issue.

LOVE this FORUM - way to go smile
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Shy - 12/05/10 08:16 PM
I'll ask the ladies at work that do it. They did the show I talked about on another thread in this forum so if there are any they definitely overcame their shyness.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Shy - 12/05/10 10:03 PM
Thanks Ian, I guess I have to start somewhere smile

And private sounds right up my alley - no classes. Maybe a video (lol)
Posted By: rhani Re: Shy - 12/10/10 04:09 AM
Angela,

Have fun with the dance. Enjoy the music, and let it just take you. What woman do you admire? At times when I feel a little nervous around people, I just remember Marilyn Monroe, and suddenly, I'm that sexy woman who is ready to shine!

Set small goals for yourself. Dance alone. Just you. You may want to place picture frames of your loved ones in the room, pretending that you are dancing for them. Later, dance in the living room, and so on. Baby steps.

You will conquer your shyness if you want to dance. The desire will get you further than you think. - Bellaonline BD Editor
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Shy - 01/01/11 09:15 PM
Hi Ronnette, thanks for the tips smile

Originally Posted By: rhani
Angela,

Have fun with the dance. Enjoy the music, and let it just take you. What woman do you admire? At times when I feel a little nervous around people, I just remember Marilyn Monroe, and suddenly, I'm that sexy woman who is ready to shine!

Set small goals for yourself. Dance alone. Just you. You may want to place picture frames of your loved ones in the room, pretending that you are dancing for them. Later, dance in the living room, and so on. Baby steps.

You will conquer your shyness if you want to dance. The desire will get you further than you think. - Bellaonline BD Editor
Posted By: Jude48 Re: Shy - 01/12/11 07:17 PM
I started off with Mr. Potato Head for my audience. ; ) find some music that makes you want to move then go with it. DVDs can help with that 'what is everyone doing?' feeling of walking into a class.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Shy - 01/13/11 08:34 PM
LOL, thanks.

Angela
© BellaOnline Forums