BellaOnline
Posted By: Double R Bellydancing music - 11/07/03 03:56 PM
what is it about the music that can be so mysterious yet exciting?

For me, I let the music take me to another place & time. I also pick music that is FUN (meaning the crowd can clap to, and maybe even dance in their seats!). I want my performances to be fun to watch...and perform!
Posted By: pyrojoesaysno Re: Bellydancing music *DELETED* - 09/09/05 05:06 AM
Post deleted by BellaOnline
Posted By: Swandancer Re: Bellydancing music - 09/13/05 12:08 AM
Why don't we post the names of some of our favorite CD's/tapes or the name of musicians we really enjoy dancing to? My current favorite is "Sha'waza".
Posted By: Parthena - Dreams Editor Re: Bellydancing music - 01/11/06 03:12 PM
Quote:
Why don't we post the names of some of our favorite CD's/tapes or the name of musicians we really enjoy dancing to? My current favorite is "Sha'waza".

Desert Wind's 2 CD set "World Dance"

Bellydance Superstars Volume 1 - songs chosen by dancers. My favorites are Ay Ah Leil, Chicky by Oojami and both of the drum solos.

Bellydance Jam - not sure of the artist

I really want Sa'Iyr - a Tribal Metamorphosis. It's very different, the music that Rachel Brice uses.

We use a lot of Hossam Ramzy's music in class. He has quite a few cd's.

Native American drum music by David and Steve Gordon works very well too. Sacred Spirit Drums is my favorite. You can find them at Sequoyah Records.
Posted By: freespirit Re: Bellydancing music - 03/18/08 05:19 AM
is there any new bellydancing music out there?
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Bellydancing music - 03/19/08 09:21 PM
At my Monday night class, the teacher said she was going to try something a bit different because she just felt like it, and she played all 80s new wave/rock classics all night! It was so fun and funny, and it really made me realize that you can bellydance to anything with the right beat.

Try Prince's "When Doves Cry" sometime, or Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science."
Posted By: rhani Re: Bellydancing music - 03/21/08 01:40 AM
Wow! That is amazing! My thoughts exactly. You know, my dance troupe was asking for a new, upbeat song we can dance to for our Winter recital and I suggested the Arabic version of a certain popular song. Last year, on Mother's Day, I danced to Diana Ross's Sweet Love Hangover, because my mom is a big Diana Ross fan. She loved it! I did the veil for the first five minutes then it was all disco from there. I have to do the Prince thing!! How inspirational! Thanks!
© BellaOnline Forums