BellaOnline
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Things That We Appreciate - 11/01/15 06:00 PM
I talk to myself, every day. I also talk to the dogs and cats. And, of course, to other people whether it be in person or on social media. But, I talk to myself a lot! It might be an only child thing, a bipolar thing, I'm not sure, but with myself, I have great conversations. Last night we discussed the concept of Gratitude. I will not do an official every day list this month of gratitudes, maybe just a here and there thing. Today, I'm extremely grateful for my desire and ability to write and the current opportunities I have to enhance that ability. I'm also appreciating this bowl of Tomato Soup Jeff just sat in front of me! And . . . yes, I'm giving you an alert as to this week's Teen Site article. It's a teen/parent thing that's not all about things!
I am glad that you are starting a gratitude practice. There is a slogan that states "gratitude changes your attitude', and it is completely true! One of my favorite Meister Eckhart quotes states this:

"If the only prayer you say in your life is 'thank you', that would suffice."
Korie, thank you for your encouragement. And, I loved the quote you posted. Sometimes, I do whisper those words, but often, I feel they are not enough. I have never read this quote before and it really impacted me this morning.

Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Things That We Appreciate - 11/02/15 09:53 AM
Chel, I love the gratitude practice (as I'm sure you've noticed LOL).

And I talk to myself, my cosmic helpers, the dog, and recently, the characters in my nanowrimo project LOL!!!

Korie, that's one of my fave quotes!!

Today I am appreciating that I was able to fall back asleep when I first woke up at 4am. Sleeping till 5:15am made a difference! I love when I get a good sleep, and I really appreciate it because it doesn't always happen.

I also appreciate that my hubby did maintenance on my car. I feel safe driving around in it!
Deanna: You scare me, I am finishing up my gratitude article and mentioned car issues. Are you reading my articles ahead of time. smile

I might have had an inkling now and again that you liked gratitude!!!!!

Today, I am grateful that I am able to organize my day for work and play. Jeff and I are going to have lunch out and make a quick trip to the store.

Sometimes, organization can confound me.
smile
Today, I am so very grateful for the friends that I consider as my family. They rally around me during the best and worst of times!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Things That We Appreciate - 11/15/15 09:37 AM
Today I am appreciating having a dishwasher! When I got up (ridiculously early) there was a kitchen full of dirty dishes. I loaded the dishwasher, and started it, so we'll have clean dishes for breakfast!! And it took me all of 3 minutes LOL!!!

It's the little things wink
Hi Deanna!

Good for you!!!!

We do not have a dishwasher. There is only Jeff and I, but boy, can we make some dishes.

I share your gratitude for a clean kitchen. I did up the kitchen and ran through my mind my plans and chores for the day. It's beautiful here, and I feel good and happy!

Hugs, Chel
Posted By: Styxx Re: Things That We Appreciate - 01/23/16 01:11 PM
The one thing that I appreciate right now would be the time I spend with my distant relatives. In the past few weeks, I have gone to a New Year's Day party, a wedding and a birthday party that included all my distant relatives. Even though I have not seen some of them for quite a while. I get the feelings of contentment and joy whenever I talk to them or just see what they are now.

In the past, I have been aloof to them because I am a very shy person and awkward at times. Just imagine a room full of foreigners having different experiences of their own and you just a simple person, just trying to get by. Yes, that's me. :) All in all, those people who were distant before now became a close relative that I can count on. :) :D
Styxx - Hi. I enjoyed reading your post about your relatives. And, it really hit home for me. Just yesterday, I looked up a cousin I have not talked to for many years. He was on Facebook and I sent him a message. It was good to catch up.

When I first found his Facebook page, I noticed he lived on the beach and seemed to be having so much fun, and I am also someone who works very hard to get by, no beach, a little fun now and then, but nothing really special.

I hope to see him again someday soon.

Chel
Posted By: Styxx Re: Things That We Appreciate - 01/24/16 07:48 AM
Chel-- Hello again! Your post about your cousin really moved me because I know having a connection with your distant relative can be really hard if we do not have things like FB and Yahoo. I am happy for you for having the chance to message him. Things are looking up for us, aren't they? :))

Styxx
Hi Styxx!

Yes, so far so good for the New Year!!!!

I'm excited. I have lots I want to do.

Chel
© BellaOnline Forums