BellaOnline
Reading with your teen is a great way to spend time together and start conversations. It may also create an opportunity for questions. Don’t be afraid of boring or simple silly plots. If you haven't read a young adult book lately, you are in for a nice surprise.

Reading and Sharing Young Adult Books

What are you reading with your pre-teen or teen?
Where you do get your books?
I have a tendency to use the library to borrow books, and I usually purchase books - both hard copy and ebook - at Amazon.
Today is the day I've decided to stop reading a book that I have been struggling to read for about three weeks now.

I would promise myself to read at least 20 - 30 pages at a time. The book is well written, I just am not enjoying it.

Today - I am giving myself permission to move to another book.
Chel, what a great article! I had to share it because I am a big believer in using reading as an opportunity to create meaningful conversations with teens!

We usually do kindle or buy the book. I know we should do library books more, because I'm tired of spending money on books I know I won't read again LOL!!!

And congratulations on deciding to NOT read a book. HA HA! That is hard for me too - but sometimes "thank you, but no thank you," is the right thing to say to a book wink
Thank you Deanna for sharing this article and also for your validation of "NO" to the book. I felt guilty for a few moments until I reached into my Library Bag and picked out another!
The world of Reading and Chel is now good.
HA HA!!! Yes, I do feel guilty sometimes when I put a book away. I'll try to make myself better by saying "Oh, I'll read it later."

My mom was really good about this. She'd start reading something, and even if she'd purchased the book, she would feel obligated to read it if she didn't like it laugh What a great lesson, right?

And you are welcome! I've had a few people "like" it already smile
© BellaOnline Forums