BellaOnline
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Watching with subtitles - 09/19/16 05:35 PM
Back in the day, I used to hate watching a movie with subtitles on. Now I find it THE way to watch a movie or plain old TV. I pick so much more dialogue, especially in movies I've seen dozens of times. "Oh that's what they said?" Granted it's not always 100% accurate and occasionally puts out a weird word, and it's funny watching a subtitle "bleep" out bad words, but for the most part it's GREAT!

How about you? Subtitles thumbs up or thumbs down?
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Watching with subtitles - 09/19/16 06:49 PM
I hate dubbing (even hated it when i was a separatist - this is why i learned english) so it is always subtitles for me. The only thing I do not like about subtitles is that I know it is not totally accurate but dubbings are worst in addition of being annoying to the hears.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Watching with subtitles - 09/24/16 12:52 PM
Dianne, my mom has the subtitles on her TV in her room. When I sit with her and watch a movie, I find I am always watching the subtitles, so feel that it draws my attention away from what's happening on screen. On the other hand, you're right - I catch a lot more of what they are saying. I think it's just one of those things to get used to.
© BellaOnline Forums