BellaOnline
Posted By: Gryffn What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 05/26/07 09:29 PM
I just wrote an article on the upcoming CBS show Kid Nation and the controversy already swirling around it. I cannot believe that it has triggered some much hostility! Of course, taking over Jericho's spot is not helping frown
What do you guys think? Good idea or CBS grasping at straws? Give it a chance or keep flipping the channels?
Kid Nation at Reality TV
I actually like the idea - though I'd rather have Jericho back. I'll probably watch it though.

Julie
Posted By: Gryffn Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 05/26/07 11:37 PM
Well, I agree on Jericho. Just proves that the network execs are overpaid ego-maniacal jerks who are completely out of touch with us! They could have had both shows (and truth be told, I prefer Jericho grin).
Posted By: lngilbert Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 05/26/07 11:59 PM
My husband and I both agree that this is something we would love to watch! We enjoyed the PBS series "Frontier House." Plus, it will be great for kids and parents alike to see that kids CAN accept responsibility!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 05/27/07 12:04 AM
I think this is briliant. So many people think teenagers are mindless insane creatures who need constant supervision. Studies have shown that in cultures where teenagers are held to high standards, they meet those standards. In cultures where teens are expected to act immaturely, they do. If we give these kids the opportunity to shine, I really think they will. They'll probably do better than many adults would.
Posted By: Gryffn Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 05/27/07 01:03 AM
Frontier House - yes, I remember that one and it reminds me that I would have made a lousy pioneer smile
Lisa - yes, kids become mindless and selfish because nothing is expected of them. What we will see here, is their potential which, up to now, has had no outlet. As a parent (even though my son is 27), this is fascinating to me.
I wonder if I could send him there; hmmm.
Posted By: FashionFiend Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 09/12/07 07:15 PM
im really looking forward to the premiere tonight, with all the press the show is getting, i dont understand how you could not watch it!
Wait - Is Jericho coming back? I really hope it is - I am addicted to that show. Sorry I got a little off topic. I will probably give it a chance - I am just not sure I believe that there are no adults around.
Posted By: FashionFiend Re: What Is Your Take on Kid Nation? - 09/13/07 01:11 PM
whoops, wrong date, it actually premiers next wednesday, the 19th, but regardless I'll be tuning in
© BellaOnline Forums