BellaOnline
Posted By: onmyway Do you facebook? - 09/30/08 08:20 AM
Who here has a facebook and what apps do you use, im addicted to the stickers and One Minute Mogul right nowBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Wonder Re: Do you facebook? - 01/08/09 10:34 PM
I have that app to, it is my favi :)
Posted By: MariRN Re: Do you facebook? - 03/03/09 03:23 AM
Just signed up for facebook. Have already connected with old friends. Still learning how to use it
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Do you facebook? - 03/03/09 03:26 AM
I also just joined facebook and in like a week, connected with half a dozen old friends from college and high school.
Posted By: CulturalCanuck Re: Do you facebook? - 03/03/09 04:30 AM
I love it, I keep in touch with all my friends from back home and even family members that I have not seen in years. My only problem is the speeddate message it emails me three times a day (it kind of gets annoying lol) its a great way to keep in touch with everyone though
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 07:52 AM
I've heard from many people that they instantly found old friends once signing up for Facebook and love it. I definitely enjoy Facebook and use it for personal connections.

Here's a question though - sometimes I get random strangers wanting to get to my private Facebook account. I don't want to let them into my private area, but I don't want to upset them either. If I say "no" do they get a message saying "person X rejected you"? Or is it less obvious?
Posted By: Mikie Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 08:02 AM
Is Facebook similar to Myspace? Can't access from work to have a look and just wondered..
Posted By: Susan Alison Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 08:07 AM
Lisa - I have wondered this also - when people try to add me that I don't know, and we have no mutual friends either, I just leave it sitting there on the basis that if they didn't know me in the first place and were just trawling to get extra 'friends' then they won't even remember that they asked me.

On the other hand - for all I know - they might get a big red flag coming up saying that I'm ignoring them - but I can't imagine that's the case...
Posted By: Joanna-British Television Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 08:46 AM
I was thinking just the same thing Susan. I am fairly new to Facebook. When people I don't know name me as a friend, I don't do anything. I didn't want to put 'ignore' in case they get that message!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 09:13 AM
Right that is exactly my fear.

Mikie - MySpace is always public. Anyone can see your page. With Facebook, you usually set it to be private. Only people who you specifically say are your friends can see your pages. So people are usually much more "open" on their Facebook pages, posting photos, telling personal stories and that sort of thing.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 09:14 AM
Heck let's do a test.

My facebook account is Lisa Shea. One of you editors, try to become my friend and then post here when you've done it. I'll turn you down and you can tell us what you see!
Posted By: Mikie Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 09:23 AM
Thanks Lisa might have to join up when I get home next week..
Posted By: Joanna-British Television Re: Do you facebook? - 03/14/09 10:13 AM
OK Lisa - I'll try it and we will see!
Posted By: MariRN Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 01:27 AM
I recently joined facebook and so far I really enjoy it. I have reconnected with old friends that I have not seen is several years. Although a newbie to facebook, I do enjoy catching up with old friends and I can even catch up with my kids, while I', out on the road.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 02:13 AM
OK Joanna I saw your friend request and I hit the "ignore" button. Did you get any message? Any alert at all to say that I ignored you?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 05:02 AM
you can accept a friend request and have their access to your personal info as limited. I do have some facebook friends where I don't want them to know my personal information that is available to my friends, so they are set to limited
Posted By: Megan M Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 08:38 AM
I must admit to being a bit of a facebook addict. My main addiction - Hatchlings! Followed closely by Bubbletown and the Bejewelled Blitz game.

As for friends - I've caught up with a lot of people I know and had lost contact with. Funnily enough, I was friended by a girl who was a student at my old high school, and was doing some mentoring of her. Imagine my surprise (and hers) when she mentioned something about her mum (also an old girl) and discovered that her mum was one of my best friends at school!!

Now, daughter knows far more about her mum's school days than she probably should........

On the other hand, at least her mum knows me!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 10:38 PM
Jase - I only want actual friends to be attached to me smile So to me there's no reason to approve someone who I'm not friends with. What would be the benefit be, if I don't know them? To have a higher friend count? I'm not sure I see the advantage to saying yes. I'd be flooded with "news" about someone I don't know.

So really for me, either someone is an actual friend and I connect to them, or they aren't. My concern is what they see if I choose NOT to connect to them.
Posted By: Joanna-British Television Re: Do you facebook? - 03/15/09 10:42 PM
No Lisa, I didn't get anything. so I suppose it's ok to hit 'ignore'
Posted By: Mikie Re: Do you facebook? - 03/16/09 05:28 AM
Lisa, I dont' think you should worry about it, if they dont know you then are well within your rights to refuse. Why worry what they think I'm sure you won't be the first or the last to refuse someone..
Posted By: geminideal Re: Do you facebook? - 09/28/11 07:14 AM
The answer is Yes,Facebook is also targeting e-commerce revenues.
Posted By: celine2012 Re: Do you facebook? - 09/28/11 09:17 AM
I plan to open facebook
Posted By: Rayna - Depression Editor Re: Do you facebook? - 11/28/11 03:44 AM
I was on the Facebook train but jumped off a few years ago. I found it to be too pervasive! I'm busy enough as it is. Now that I'm writing again, though, I do plan on creating a professional page there. Twitter too.... maybe.
Posted By: Deep9988 Re: Do you facebook? - 01/31/12 07:41 AM
yes
Posted By: Angel S. Class Re: Do you facebook? - 11/18/17 06:38 AM
It's very old thread but I can say that Facebook is still the best social network site.
© BellaOnline Forums