BellaOnline
Posted By: kelley32 Jade tree - 01/03/10 01:56 AM
Hi I was wondering, I have a jade tree and one of the branches of my Jade tree broke off. I was just wondering Do I just put the broken part of the branch in dirt to make it grow again??? Howl ongwill it take for the broken branch of my jade tree grow roots
Posted By: BellaOnline Re: Jade tree - 01/03/10 05:38 AM
Our succulents editor has a page on Jade plants here -

Jade Plants

They are quite lovely, aren't they!

When you propagate a plant you really can't just stuff them into the ground smile You have to prepare them properly and care for them in a special way. Otherwise they'll disease and die.

If you go to a plant store they can sell you the supplies.
Posted By: Jeanne - African Culture Re: Jade tree - 01/03/10 12:23 PM
Interesting. I usually let the broken area heal over and then put it in a pot. I never had any problems doing that.

I like to prune them to resemble Bonsai trees.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: Jade tree - 01/03/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
I usually let the broken area heal over and then put it in a pot.

Just what I was going to say. I find them very easy to start. They usually take root within a few days and sometimes will sprout newgrowth within a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Plants Re: Jade tree - 02/16/10 05:05 AM
I have a Jade tree, and all of a sudden, the leaves are falling off, and it is making me sick. Can anyone help me
Posted By: Lisa Beth - Houseplants Re: Jade tree - 03/23/10 01:35 AM
Jeanne and Lynne, you are right; that is all you need to do to propagate a new plant from a broken piece of Jade plant. Plants, what is happening with your plant is that it isn't getting enough water. Take the plant out of its pot and look at the roots. If they are brown and mushy or if you don't see any at all then you have been watering too much. If they are white, then you haven't been watering enough. You should be able to find out everything else you need to know in my article about Jade plant here:

Jade Plant

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me personally at houseplants@bellanonline.com
© BellaOnline Forums