BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa Beth - Houseplants Christmas Cactus - 12/13/11 01:47 AM
This week's article is about Christmas Cactus, one of my absolute favorite succulent plants. You can get them extremely cheaply at any big box store this time of year and if you see one you like, I really recommend a purchase. They are easier to care for than you would think and can be shared with your friends after blooming!

Christmas Cactus
Posted By: Red Carpet Dresses Re: Christmas Cactus - 12/13/11 02:07 AM
I always had cactus plants when i was little and I loved them. Never thought of giving them as a christmas gift, what a wonderful suggestion thanks for your article!
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Christmas Cactus - 12/13/11 03:10 AM
Wonderful article, Lisa. I had a Christmas Cactus given to me by an Uncle. He told me that it belonged to his mother and it was (at the time he gave it to me) fifty years old and had been in the same pot for at least 30 years. It was huge and bloomed on schedule every year. I gave starts of it to family and friends and they had no problems getting those little starts to grow into a beautiful, full plant.

The plant is now 81 years old and as far as I know is still blooming every Christmas. I do not have it anymore. It belonged to my ex-husband's grandmother, so he took it when we parted.

Your article has prompted me to get myself another plant this year. Thank you!
© BellaOnline Forums