BellaOnline
Hi everyone! We really could use some help as our baby could come anyday now. The two names: Miles or Duncan Firstly, our two other kids are Liam and fiona and our last name is Irish and starts with M. Second, we want to stay away from trendy names (Liam was named before the big boom) Third, I worry that Duncan may sound a bit dated due to it peaking in pop in the 1990's. I also wonder why it plummeted since then. Lastly, we would call Miles "Milo" which may help with the pop issue but may make it sound trendy... so, you see, we need help!Thanks!!!!
I prefer Miles and I think it fits best with the other names.
I agree with Belle: Miles. Duncan is nice but can lead to childhood teasing (dunce, dunky, dung, dunk'donuts). One can work to overcome it and succeed greatly with it (Duncan Bannatyne) but with all the Miles I've known about seem to have success come easier for them.

Just thoughts.
thanks so much,you guys! I really appreciate your thoughts :0)
ps do you think its ok to choose a name that one of my aquaintances has already? But see, her child doesnt go by the nn milo so i think it makes it even safer. Any thoughts?
I responded in your other thread about this, but yes it is ok. Unless there is a trademark filed, no one has claim on names. There are few original names and they aren't original for long because people like them and adopt them.
© BellaOnline Forums