BellaOnline
Posted By: Bugly What do you think of these names? - 02/06/08 04:25 AM
Hey everyone!

I just found out that I am pregnant with my first child, and it's a total surprise, too!

Anyway, I have all of a sudden gone on a name kick, and I would love your opinion on names as well as middle names.

Here's my list so far:

Girl-

Tierney Rebecca
Thandi Elizabeth or ?
Miley ?
Scout ?
Ginger Elizabeth
Mikell ?

Boy-
Kiefer
Blaise Dawson

And I loved Xander for a boy, but I've noticed it's become extremely trendy... so that's a bummer.

Anyway, as you can see I like names on the more unusual side, but they're not anything like oranjello...

What do you think of the names?

Suggestions for new names as well as middle names for specifics in my list are greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
Bugly
Posted By: M.B. Re: What do you think of these names? - 02/06/08 05:23 AM
I'd avoid Miley. Miley Cyrus is so popular right now that her name will be either more common or more jeered at in a few years. Seems risky.
Posted By: Bugly Re: What do you think of these names? - 02/06/08 05:35 AM
I was actually thinking about that. I really liked it when she first came into the Disney scene, but you're right... she is becoming pretty huge. And if I want the baby's name to be unique, that definitely wouldn't fit. A lot of people will probably start naming their daughters Miley.

Thanks!
Hi Bugly,

Congrats on the pregnancy!

I like the names you've got so far. For girls, I've always thought Ginger was cute (thought maybe not for everyone), and Thandi is adorable.

I love Xander, personally -- I wouldn't give that one up just yet. It has skyrocketed in popularity, true, but it's still well outside the top 200.

Here are some other ideas for you...

Boys: Giovanni, Zane, Talen, Finley, Beckett
Girls: Riya, Kinsley, Meadow, Ryann, Mahalia
Posted By: Angela P Re: What do you think of these names? - 02/06/08 05:50 AM
I'm not into to really original names, so I won't offer thoughts on the ones you offered.

My favorite girl name is Samantha, and I don't really have any favorite boy names.

But I'm getting pretty nauseated with all the Brittanys, Madisons, Kennedys, MacKenzies, and Peytons...
Posted By: BellaMia Re: What do you think of these names? - 02/12/08 07:35 PM
Girls: Michaella; Mikaella; Athena; Angelique; Krystena; Thandi Michele; Anastasia Elizabeth; Elisabet

Boys: Nikolas, Patrizio, Gabriel,
© BellaOnline Forums