BellaOnline

This golden and luscious lentil soup resembles soup served at Holy Land Cafe in Kansas. It's a simple vegetarian soup made in a slow cooker with red lentils, a few spices, and vegetables. This soup isn't completely smooth, but it isn't chunky, either. It is perfect for Meatless Monday Meals.

Golden Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
I've got another batch of Golden Lentil Soup in the slow cooker. It was such a hit last week! You guys know me; I love to tinker with recipes. I changed the spicing a bit, and it is great! If you want another version of the soup, here it is.

Follow the recipe regarding the lentils, veggies, and water. Use these flavorings, instead of the ones in the original recipe:
2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 large bay leaf
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, added an hour before you take it out of the crock. If you don't have freshly squeezed, don't you dare use that nasty stuff in the bottle! Just leave it out.

I know that looks like a lot of salt, but this is a whole crock of soup. It is quite peppery. That is a yummy thing! Enjoy with a vegetarian sandwich for a souper Meatless Monday Meal.
Connie, I love your soup recipes, and I love lentil soup!
Susan, with this alternative spicing, this is one of my best!Enjoy!
© BellaOnline Forums