BellaOnline
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Lunch Time! - 01/06/13 02:08 PM
I am having a wrap. Start with a fresh flour tortilla and fill it with salmon salad (like tuna salad, but with salmon), fresh spinach leaves, 2/2 avocado sliced, and a drizzle of ranch dressing - about a teaspoon. Easy, yummy, and high in good fats.

Here's a good recipe for the salmon salad.

Canned Salmon Salad Frugal Recipe
Posted By: Isabel - Mexican Food Re: Lunch Time! - 01/06/13 02:58 PM
Sounds lovely, Connie. Quick, easy, fresh, healthy - I shall try it for lunch next week, but with a corn tortilla, I don't like flour ones!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Lunch Time! - 01/06/13 05:59 PM
I almost put this on a corn tortilla, but wanted to use the flour ones.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Lunch Time! - 01/06/13 10:56 PM
I have to admit that I have thrown out the bones and skin. I can see eating the bones, now that I realize they will pulverize so easily, but won't the skin add a much fishier taste to the salmon salad, Connie?

I never heard of chopped egg in salmon salad. I will have to think about that. Not sure if I like the idea or not at this point, but I do like hardboiled eggs.

I don't care for ranch dressing so I won't add it, but the other ingredients you use in your salmon salad recipe sound really good, Connie.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Lunch Time! - 01/07/13 12:49 AM
The skin just blends in, and it isn't overly fishy. I used to throw out the bones, too!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Lunch Time! - 01/16/13 07:05 AM
For a quick lunch, make an open face peanut butter toast on whole grain bread. Fancy it up with some sliced bananas. With a yogurt and a V-8, it's a complete meal.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Lunch Time! - 01/16/13 08:02 AM
I love peanut butter on toast, especially at bedtime ... and I know it's better for me than cake.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Lunch Time! - 01/16/13 10:29 AM
I love peanut butter too, and it is great with bananas.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Lunch Time! - 01/16/13 09:38 PM
Absolutely! I use peanut butter on the best whole grain bread. It has a lot of seeds in it. Yummy stuff!
© BellaOnline Forums