BellaOnline
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Ham Fantasies - 12/25/12 07:49 PM
What do you enjoy doing with your leftover ham?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Ham Fantasies - 12/26/12 11:58 AM
We have the remains of a Honeybaked ham. I cut the meat off of the bone for sandwiches. Now, I'm going to use the bone to make pinto bean soup. Sometimes a bone is good for multiple uses. I may also use it for making collard and mustard greens. They are so tasty with anything, especially sandwiches.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Ham Fantasies - 12/27/12 05:54 PM
If the ham came with a bone I like boiling that up with chopped onions, bay leaves, and a few packages of yellow split peas for a tasty soup, adding some cubed ham at the end for a nice hearty dish.

Of course I do make sandwiches, but I also add cubed ham to scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese, or a fancy rice.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Ham Fantasies - 01/04/13 01:17 AM
I made some beans and rice with ham. First chop about half an onion and about 4 large cloves of garlic. Then, cook the veggies in water until they are soft and the water is evaporated. Add a can of pinto or red beans and a cup of cooked brown rice. Stir in some coarsely chopped ham. Serve with open faced biscuit sandwiches.

Make biscuits and split them. Sprinkle cheese on each half and toast the cheese in the broiler. This is great with beans and rice.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Ham Fantasies - 01/06/13 10:58 PM
Sounds good, Connie!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Ham Fantasies - 01/07/13 12:51 AM
Your ideas always sound lovely!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Ham Fantasies - 01/07/13 07:26 AM
I shaved off little bits of ham and put it in my oatmeal. Not a sandwich, but pretty good for a cold morning.

I also shaved some ham into eggs and cheese. With a few grilled veggies, it made a nice substantial wrap.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Ham Fantasies - 01/08/13 07:19 AM
For breakfast I am having a ham sandwich on multi-grain bread. Then, I'll have V-8, a piece of cheese, and a banana. Balanced!
© BellaOnline Forums