BellaOnline
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Green Bean Salad - 12/01/12 02:17 PM
There is really nothing easier to make than these Green Bean Salads. Plus, they taste good! My kids loved them when they were growing up. They always preferred them over buttered green beans.

If you want fresh or frozen green beans for your salad, they are good, too. However, for this recipe, I like the canned ones!

If you forget to chill the can, that's okay, too!

Green Bean Salad Recipes
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/01/12 03:44 PM
Tasty, easy, low carb, low cal...how can it get better? Try a Green Bean Salad recipe.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/02/12 02:46 PM
I might make this today. It is perfect when the food that you are having is high in carbs, and you want something with good taste, a little bulk, and few carbs.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/02/12 02:53 PM
I've always loved cooked green beans from the can - I hadn't thought to make them a salad - will have to buy some and try with ranch dressing. Thanks for the delightful article!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/02/12 03:03 PM
Just be sure to drain them well. The ranch is a wonderful condiment for them. If you like Dorothy Lynch, it is one of my favorites, too.

Green beans became a salad at our house when the kids revolted against buttered green beans, and I was short on time. There was that can of green beans and my trusty bottle of ranch. It was a good match!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/03/12 04:15 AM
I'm glad that people seem to like these simple salads. I was concerned that they would be perceived as too simple. However, we love them around here!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/03/12 04:31 AM
Sounds good, Connie. I also like tossing in a can of wax beans and a can of kidney beans......yeah, yeah.....the three bean salad....
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/03/12 10:08 PM
Wax beans and green beans make a pretty salad. I am not crazy about the kidney beans in the salad. Maybe if I substitute garbanzo beans? Hmmm!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/07/12 07:43 PM
I am sure garbanzo beans would be just fine, Connie. As a variation you can add white beans to the green beans such as cannellini, great northern, or navy beans.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Green Bean Salad - 12/08/12 03:00 AM
I love cannellini, great northern, and navy beans. I also like kidney beans,just not in that salad. All three of those white beans are tender, and the texture goes with green or wax beans.

Thanks for sharing, Debbie!
© BellaOnline Forums