BellaOnline

Do you sometimes long for the taste of roast beef in a sandwich? There's no need to run out to a restaurant or deli to get a great roast beef sandwich. Use these recipes to make the beefy sandwich of your dreams.

Homemade Roast Beef Sandwich Recipes
I had some roast beef scraps left over from slicing the beef. I added a bit of onion soup powder, a can of smooshed up stewed tomatoes, celery, carrots, a teensy potato, peppers, and the end of a zucchini. I cooked all of that together with a hand full of edamame beans, some green beans, and bay leaf. YUUUMMMMM! Homemade vegetable beef soup is amazing with a cheese quesadilla!
Did I mention that it made two dinner portions and one to pack in my lunch tomorrow?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Homemade Roast Beef Sandwich Recipes - 11/07/12 02:43 AM
Good going, Connie! smile

I love homemade vegetable beef soup from the leftover roast beef. It's quick, it's easy, and if you kept some of that lovely au jus, it can be quite rich even though it didn't start with roasted beef bones.

How do you do it? The kids, the cooking, the cleaning, the writing *and* the full-time teaching? Ack, just typing all that out makes me tired.
What cleaning?? HeeeHeee!

The teaching is hard, even though I love it; the writing is a delight!

Seriously, I don't do a lot of the things that other people enjoy spending time on. We see 3 or 4 movies a year. We are just old homebodies, so it is not hard to write. This is especially true since I moved my computer out of my office and into the living room with the birds.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Homemade Roast Beef Sandwich Recipes - 11/07/12 03:04 AM
Even so, you sure pack a lot into your day. phew!

I used to teach for a short while and it was all-consuming. BTW, how old are your kids?
They are grown up kids. They are mid-to-late twenties.
My friend Deb, the editor of Animal Life is telling me about the benefits of substituting buffalo for beef. Have you tried buffalo? What do you think about it?
Sounds delicious, Connie!
I've tried ground buffalo, and I like it. It does cost more than beef. Have you tried the roasts, anybody?
Did you have fun with your roast beef this week? I will be doing more beef or buffalo sandwiches in the near future. How about a Buffalo Sloppy Joe? That has a nice ring to it! Plus, buffalo is sometimes a bit dry and the moisture would make it delicious!
I wish that I had some nice roast beef scraps and some au jus to make a lovely vegetable beef soup. It's gloomy here in Kansas today, and some soup would go well with the leftover Buffalo Sloppy Joes.
© BellaOnline Forums