BellaOnline

Do you have a big bag of frozen chicken, but you don't have time to thaw it? This recipe uses individually frozen boneless chicken thighs or breasts. With the additions of cooking wine, seasonings, and mushrooms, those frozen chicken parts become a succulent hot sandwich.

Hot Chicken with Mushrooms in Wine Sandwich Recipe
This is great served with a salad and fruit to make a complete meal.
If you want to save time, they have lovely little Baby Bella sliced mushrooms that are ready to use.
This sounds yummy. The only thing I would suggest is to use regular wine suitable for drinking instead of cooking wine. Cooking wine is notorius for being over salted, and the recipe already calls for bouillon which contains salt. The flavor of drinking wine is so much better, I think, and because I have blood pressure issues I can do without the additional salt. Looks like a recipe I will try.
You are so right Debbie! Cooking wine is salty, but I do keep some around to cook with. Drinking wine can be extreeeeemely tasty when used for cooking. I use whatever I have on hand.

Of course, if sodium is a problem, then be sure to use the drinking wine...and have a little glass later to celebrate your tasty sandwich.
© BellaOnline Forums