BellaOnline
During difficult times, how is your spirit affected? What challenges do you face when something unexpected happens? Do you feel that you can handle what is going on, or do you feel anxiety and/or helplessness? Do you have coping skills in place to help regain moments of peace?

Please share.
Being upset and stressed can take a toll on the spirit. Sometimes it appears that there is no hope, and it is easy to fall into despair if you are not prepared for times like these. It is important to know who and what to turn to when the tough times come. Ways to cope are different for everyone, but if you have positive and soothing things to turn to it will make getting through negative experiences a little easier.

When I am faced with difficult times or unexpected events, I often turn to a few close friends or family for support. It helps to talk things out with someone I trust. I also lean on my faith in God. Prayer is one of my coping mechanisms. I find that taking a break to meditate, listen to soothing music, spend time out in nature, read a book, watch a good movie, or even to take a nap can be a good coping mechanism because it gives me a break and clears my head.

Above all, it is crucial to be kind to yourself and to connect with that inner being inside you that knows who you truly are. You are a person of great gifts, talents, and value, and no matter how bad things can seem you can rise above the difficult times, often stronger than before.
I spend time with my family and animals. I tend to do a lot of reading, too. I try not to beat myself up. The world can do quite a good job of that. No need to do it myself!
I am being challenged as we speak - my godmother died yesterday morning at age 95. I made a visual story about her life which I put online and that helps me remember the good times with her. Aunt Mae

Blessings, Susan
Connie......great perspective. Thanks for posting!
Susan....I am very sorry for your loss.

I checked out your photos and I really enjoyed them. I hope you can find peace in your wonderful memories.
Debbie, thank you, and for sharing your insights ...

Blessings, Susan
Susan......during a period of loss I have found the most comfort in thinking about the departed loved one and celebrating the love they shared with us through their many wonderful gestures and words. Just their presence in my life was a gift, and remembering this beautiful soul and how they enriched my life as well as many others is comforting to me. This person had so much to teach me as well as those that came in contact with him or her. A great realization is that the love bond between us never dies, and that love is felt throughout the realms.

What you are doing by remembering and revisiting special times is honoring your godmother, and it will always keep her close to you in spirit.
so true!
© BellaOnline Forums