BellaOnline
Hello Everyone....

It seems that we need a thread to share our experiences, daily events, ideas, issues, etc. Sometimes we go off topic on other threads to express ourselves, so I thought we could use a thread just to toss around ideas about anything spiritual, including things that may be going on in our lives. We can help each other here, share ideas, and express our view.

Welcome all....the door is open. Please come in and share what is going on with you today.
Hello Debbie,

As a person with a strong spiritual faith, I do believe we go to a better place when we leave this earth. However, do we really go to a place where we are "reborn" so to speak?

I know they are television shows, but some of them show heaven as a wonderful place where you continue life in perfect form. Is this really what happens?

I guess I'm just wondering today about what really happens and if we have something to look forward to when it is our time to go.

Thank you kindly for listening!
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 08/27/12 06:32 AM
Hi Debbie,
That�s quite interesting. Here, we can discuss whatever we want to discuss. I also want that there should be a thread like this.
Bettina,

So many of us wonder the same thing. I can only express my view and what I have learned from others.

I am not sure about a rebirth, so to speak, unless you choose to reincarnate and be born again as a human being, which I think is an option to us if we want it. I believe our spirit existed before we came into being in the human form. I do believe we go to a better place when we leave here. We can call it heaven, home, eternity, whatever. I think "heaven" is a place of love and peace, where we are whole again without physical ailments or pain. The spirit is perfect and eternal, whereas our physical bodies have limitations.

I believe this in part because I have been visited by my deceased boyfriend in my dreams. I welcomed him to come to me because I opened my heart and mind to the possibility that he lives on in spirit. I have asked him how he is feeling, and he says he feels great, with a big smile on his face and looking robust and healthy. He was a man in frail health in the physical realm.

I realize that he comes to me in his physical form so I will recognize him, but once he also came in his spiritual form and I could sense and hear his energy vibration. I can attest to the fact that the energy of the spirit resonates more strongly and rapidly than our physical form. I have read about this from other people's views on the subject, and my boyfriend proved it to me.

Because of his visits, and there have been some while I was awake too, I know there is an afterlife, and for once in my life I am not afraid to die, whenever that day will come. I do believe I will see him again and I believe there is so much peace on the other side. When I've been with my boyfriend in my dreams he is always in good health, in a way I never saw him in the two years I knew him.

What is actually on the other side is a bit of a mystery, because once someone leaves here they don't come back to tell us about it, except those who have had near death experiences. All will say that they were welcomed in love and light, and often by people whom they love and who have left the physical realm. Some children and other people even say they have been greeted by Jesus or angels. Many people have connected with deceased loved ones, and I know of no experience where the deceased loved one was in pain or in a bad place. All spirits appear to be in peace with lots of love around them.

I think our "heaven" is what we want it to be once we get there. One thing is for certain....it is eternal, and it is full of love and peace, without human struggle or pain of any kind. Sounds like a wonderful place to be, in my opinion.
Jennie.....I thought this thread was a good idea and I am glad you feel the same. Come by any time to share what you'd like to with us.
Thank you for that wonderful reply Debbie. Your talk about your boyfriend gives me some peace knowing there is a better place when that time comes.

I was always close to Nan (my grandmother). Growing up I turned to her for everything. Then she moved away to another province with her daughter and husband. We didn't get to see each other very ofter and what I thought was strange is that I knew the moment she passed away...even thought she was hundreds of miles away, I knew something was wrong.

I miss her so much and I would love to know she is okay. I have never had her spirit visit me, I wish I would...I could always talk to her and she made me feel safe and loved.

Anyway, I rambled again, sorry. Thank you for your thought provoking articles that touch the heart and soul.
Ramble on, Bettina. Ramble on. Here is where you can do that, and there is no need to be sorry. It is great to hear your view and feelings on the subject.

Your Nan sounds like a lovely lady, and I am sure she watches over you. You do have a connection. You can talk to her in your private time and I am sure she will hear you. Think about the good memories, look at her picture, light a candle, even sit outside in the peace of nature. Focus on her and your love for her and speak to her. She may or may not come through to your awareness but she will hear you. It is hard for spirits to get past the veil that separates us. If they can come through to reach us they will, but they are aware of us even if they can't communicate with us. The love we shared with our loved ones keep them close to us. I hope you can find peace with this and know that she is close to you, in heart and in spirit.

I went through a tough time the last few weeks, a separate issue from my grief, and for some reason my grief has also escalated. Since the drama of having to deal with an adversary occured and I was beside myself, I have not had any visits from my boyfriend. My stress, lack of good sleep, and now my grief may be getting in the way and blocking him from coming through. I keep asking him to come to me, and I try to get into a more peaceful mindset, but he has not come. I know he hears me and I have to believe that he will come back when he can. I need to work on myself in order for him to return, I do believe.

Grief is a process of ups and downs. I have read that grief is love, and it is. The loneliness is a part of it, but the overwhelming sadness is because we love so deeply. I swear I love my boyfriend more than I ever did. I have learned so much more about him through various sources after he passed on. I read through a journal I was writing in when we first met and during our relationship. I realized so much from my words. Before his first heart attack over a year ago, which he never quite recovered from, he was an amazing man. A dream come true for me. He did change after he got sick, losing a lot of his vitality, but his heart was still kind and giving. When I think about how he was at his best when I met him, I feel so lucky that he was in my life at all. He was my Angel on so many levels.

So I love him more today. I wish I could be more like him, enjoying and making the most of every moment he had. The man knew how to live life. He was active until the very end. He pushed ahead to do what he wanted to do, even with not feeling well. He still inspires me.

I have decided that I really need to see a medium. I am saving up for it because I know of a respected medium and her fee is not cheap. I think it has to be a priority for me, and I hope my sweetheart will come through. I feel a bit stuck in my healing process and I think I will find some peace after such a session. I will have to let you know how it goes after I meet with her. It will be a little while yet before I can go.
Debbie, I don't know what you are going through, but please know my prayers are with you.

It is strange, after I wrote about my Nan (and yes, she was a wonderful, sweet lady that would give you her last cent if you needed it) the tears flowed...I needed that.

I am amazed that the bond you have and had with your boyfriend is so strong. I pray that the funds will come to you in order for you to see the medium. That is something I would like to do. I used to go to a lady that read tea leaves...it was scary how right on she was when she would tell you what was going on - both good and bad. The good was a change of location and job promotion for my husband (when he was working) and a cross, which symbolized someone in their death bed (the bad stuff you don't want to hear). The cross came to play on December 14th. My husband's father passed away on my dad's birthday - still bittersweet after all these years.

I think I will take some time to talk to Nan. I would love to see or hear from her, even if it is to know she is okay.

Thank you so much Debbie for this chat...too bad we didn't live closer, a cup of tea would be much nicer! :-)

Thank you, Bettina, for your kind words.

Crying is good, even if we are in so much pain while doing it. Crying helps release and relieve the intense pain and sadness. It is important to feel that pain in its intensity so that we can let it go. There are times I know I need a good cry, and sometimes I hold it back because I know in two minutes I will be so stuffed up like concrete that I won't be able to breathe. But other times I let it go, which is much better, and afterwards there is a lighter feeling in the soul. Tears are a way to let go.

To be honest, I loved my boyfriend far deeper than he loved me. He was more casual and light in his way of thinking, but I know he loved me in his own way. I think he was afraid of commitment and deep feelings, and he hid a lot from me. It is my strong love for him that helps him stay close to me. I continue to tell him all the time how much I love him, and that I always will. Sometimes I wondered if I was crazy, talking to someone I cannot see, and trying to believe that he really can hear me. Now and then I still feel that way, but when I think about it more I know better.

I learned the truth when he came to my dreams the morning after I asked him to, several times, in fact. I realized that he really can hear me. His second cousin went to a medium and my boyfriend mentioned me to the medium. The medium knew my name started with a "D", and she drew a heart over the "i" in my name. The medium told my boyfriend's second cousin "He LOVES her" with emphasis on the word "loves". It proved to me without a shadow of a doubt that my sweetheart loves me a great deal, and he wanted me to know that. He knew the message would get to me. I think he loved me more than he ever admitted to me in his physical life.

So I am doing all I can to make sure he knows how much I still love him. At the end of his physical life we could not say things to each other. He was on a breathing machine and I thought he really had more time. After he passed on to the spirit world I leaned down on his body in the hospital and cried on his shoulder, telling him I love him, and I thanked him for all that he did for me. I kissed his forehead several times. I really believe his spirit was there looking down on me and his body, and hearing me.

I really don't know that I can trust another man again to have another relationship. I have been through 3 serious relationships in my adult life and my heart is beyond broken. I am one who loves more deeply than most, and I don't know that I can do it again. As lonely as I am I have trust issues that are very valid to me, and I can't even trust myself around men right now. I am just too vulnerable. The years ahead will be long, but even if I never find someone else to deeply love like that again, I will go on. I no longer fear death because I know I will be with my sweetheart again. There is no greater gift than to be with my Angel for eternity. And I know he loves me and would want the same thing. He made sure I knew of his love after he left here, and it is proof enough that love never dies.
Bettina.....a cup of tea would be heavenly. I love tea. We can have one together in spirit.
Debbie, you have a beautiful spirit...it would be a shame not to let someone in to share that.

I understand the wall you have built up, my "knight in shining armour" has worked for nearly 20 years to finally chip away enough of it for me to feel comfortable completely opening up. There is always that safety in never letting someone too close. In the same token, you miss out and push people away when you do that.

Someone would be lucky to have you in their life, and I believe your boyfriend would feel the same way.

Tea in spirit...I like that idea! :-)
Thank you, Bettina. Your words mean a lot to me. It seems that the guys in my life did not value my spirit like I valued theirs.

I know my boyfriend always wanted me to be happy, and I am sure he knows that right now I am not happy. I find a joyful moment here and there, but in general all I can hope for right now is to reach a peaceful place. I know in my heart that he'd want me to move on and enjoy life, even with someone new down the road if I so choose.

He was one to appreciate the physical aspects of a close relationship, and I am sure he would want me to have that again. But that is where my biggest problem lies. I have to trust immensely before I let someone get that close to me, and I trusted him completely, more than any man I knew....even my two former husbands. At least two out of the three men in my life cheated on me, and it could very well be that all three have done so. This is something I just can't push aside. I tried to believe the best in these men and they abused my trust in them.

From online sources, tv, and other avenues, sex is shoved into your face. What should be intimate, caring time, a spiritual bond of sorts between two people in love, is made to be cheap and readily available for the sheer thrill of it all. It is too easy to get the quick fix, with so many people willing to participate in such activity. Intimacy is no longer regarded with sacredness like it should be. It sickens me, and I can't trust men now because of my experiences with infidelity that I can't discuss here. Once I am with someone in a serious relationship I can't even think of being intimate with another person, but the men in my life have treated my loyalty with disrespect. They did not even respect themselves. And it is not that I suffocate my partner, but I encourage him to have his own hobbies and see friends. Seems that having time away from me means playtime with other people.

With how deeply I love I really don't think I can do all this again. I know taking a chance is taking a big risk. I have always been open with my heart when I could sense I was with the right person, and it is not easy to find the right person as it is. But now I really don't know if I can survive another heartbreak, and this last break is really taking its toll, so soon after the devastating divorce from a man I considered to be my soulmate. It will take quite some time, if ever, that I will go down that road again. I need a lot of healing time, and time for myself.
Debbie, this is a great idea to bring people together and chat about whatever is on our spiritual path and issues related to it.

Taking the time needed to heal the spirit is so important. We have a choice when it comes to healing the spirit. We can work at it, exploring all the issues from the dark side, finding out what makes our spirit soar with joy, get in touch with Nature, so many things we can do to lift our spirit.
Thank you for commenting, Phyllis. It is true that healing the spirit is about dealing with all the good and the bad, and finding what brings joy and peace within, so that harmony can be restored. It does take time after a devastating event, and it is well worth taking that time and not sweeping things under the rug. I have chosen to take time to work on my spiritual healing, and I think in the long run I will be in a much better place.
What is going on today? Anything new?

Are you engaging in activities that nurture your spirit? Are you doing some things just for yourself today, or do you feel stuck at work or in other activities that you don't really enjoy doing? Do you set aside time for yourself or are you finding yourself too busy? Please share.
Good day to you! What are you all going to do with your time today?
Are you ever moved to tears when you are in the presence of something extremely beautiful?

I have found myself weeping when I hear beautiful music that touches the very heart of me, when I hear an amazing voice singing, when I see a man tenderly interacting with his young child, and when I see an incredible sight in nature. I have cried watching horse and rider doing dressage....where both engage in a type of dance.

Do you ever feel so touched by beauty that you cry?
Debbie,
Sometimes it doesn't have to be beautiful to bring me to tears. I cried at the end of Toy Story 3, because I watched it as my daughter was going off to college.

I am moved, however, when music deeply touches my soul.

Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 09/13/12 05:16 AM
Nothing new Debbie. Boring life and boring routine.
Jennie........boring is not so good after a while, is it?

Are you following your dreams? Are you taking enough time for yourself to get to know just who you are and what you want to do with your life?
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 09/14/12 05:07 AM
Don�t have that much time to think about myself.
Posted By: Ezine_LVer Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 09/14/12 05:37 AM
just talk and share things with people here
Ezine......thank you for posting. I agree with you. This is a safe place to talk out things, share ideas, and help each other.

Jennie.....if I may ask you.....what keeps you so busy that you have no time for yourself? Can you share with us a little bit so that maybe we can help you with some suggestions?

It is important to persue your dreams, even little dreams that are very possible to attain. You have to take good care of yourself before you can take care of others. Spiritually you need some time for yourself, quiet time to get in touch with who you are inside, and the answers will come. But if you don't make the time, you will always feel like something is missing.

Think about it, and please post again.
Jennie.....we would love to hear from you again on this thread if you would like to share more with us.
Good Morning Everyone...

There was a big rain storm here yesterday and last night. The rain was heavy at times and it was very windy. A lot of leaves were blown off the trees. There was even thunder and lightning occasionally. It was quite the exciting storm, and believe it or not I slept well to the sound of the rain.

This morning the skies are starting to clear and the sun is peeking out. There is a nice breeze and it looks like a fabulous day is on the way.

I wish you all a great day!
A new weekend is upon us. What do you all have planned? Is there anything special you are doing for yourself or others? Please share.
What are you all doing this weekend?

I have to work at my job this weekend so I am quite busy. I am looking forward to my day off soon so I can decompress. I need to reconnect with nature. It rained the last two days I had off so I am quite overdue for some quiet time outside.
It is a gorgeous, cool day here in Kansas. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I am taking it easy today.

We cleaned our bird cages. I made some ANZAC Biscuits from a recipe by the Australia editor. They are a hit. I also made our muffins for the week. It helps our household run smoothly to have them for meals and snacks.

After my nap, I'm going to run some errands. The kids in my class need some items in the school store. Also, I need a sticker chart to help kids see who is turning in homework. Later, I'll make up some review games for the end of the quarter.
Thank you for sharing, Connie. You do have a lot to keep you busy. The muffins sound like a great idea to keep everyone going during the week.

I hope you are feeling better today.
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 10/10/12 05:32 AM
I am waiting for the Halloween. Very excited for this.
Halloween is a fun holiday for many people. What do you do to celebrate it, Jennie?
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 10/11/12 05:51 AM
Decorate my house with lots of stuff to scare those who will come to my door. Arrange a party. Have a costume contest and I will give some prize to the winner of the contest�
That sure sounds like a good time, Jennie. No wonder you are looking forward to it!
I want to share an interesting experience with you....

On my boyfriend's birthday I went to his grave and placed a long stemmed red rose on the ground. The rose was only opened about a third of the way, a really nice early bloom. A few days later the rose was turned 90 degrees. I moved it back. Without water the bloom was starting to shrivel up, but the very center of it looked ok so I figured I would leave it until the flower was all dried up.

Five days later I went back to break the stem in two. The five inches of stem attached to the wilted bloom I stuck into the ground so the rose would not blow away in the hurricane coming the next day. I knew the wind would be bad. Two days after the hurricane had passed I went back to the cemetery, prepared to take the beat up flower and throw it away, if it was still even there with the high winds that had passed through the area.

What I saw was amazing. Not only was the rose still there, but it had opened up more and looked as fresh as if I had just bought it from the florist. I know red roses are fragile, and after a week and a half I had a hard time believing that a wilted rose without water for so many days could absorb enough from the soil to look as beautiful as it did at that moment, not to mention surviving a bad storm that took down massive trees in the same cemetery.

Something tells me that LOVE is involved in this mystery.....
Symbolizes that love can endure anything. And his love for you will help you get through the storms...
That is a beautiful interpretation. Thank you, Lori.
Has anyone else experienced something you feel was a result of divine or other spiritual intervention?
Please share any spiritual experiences like this that you have had.
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 11/18/12 11:04 PM
The Face of Madness

aka Burt B's Current Picture_11-18-2012_6:00_PM

Burt....what I see is a kind face. Be good to yourself and love yourself. There is so much good within you.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 11/19/12 12:20 AM
Oh, Debbie. There have been too many to mention here...:)

It's interesting that we are charmed with these interactions because they seem so rare. They actually occur much more often that we realize.

At my house, we speak about the spirits of the deceased as if they were alive. Because they are alive. In spirit.

Someday we will remember that this life is an illusion, a temporary holodeck, and our eternal existence is the dimension of spirit.

But we are here for a reason so if we must take care not to miss the valuable opportunities and experiences. Our time is fleeting.

And Burt, you have a very handsome face. wink
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 11/19/12 12:25 AM
Debbie, I do have to share with you something funny. My husband and I went out for the evening, and when I called my daughter to check on her, she mentioned that she heard "someone" walking about upstairs.

I grew alarmed but she assured me that she checked it out and all was well. "Checked it out?" I asked. She said, "Yes, I thought it was either a ghost or an intruder. I grabbed a big stick and went upstairs to look around."

I chastised her for being brave and told her next time, if she really thought someone had broken in, she should call 911 and stay downstairs and away from possible harm! She said no one was up there so it probably was a ghost.

A ghost? She just shrugged and went back downstairs to play a computer game. LOL. A ghost does not freak her out.

In the past, we heard little pitter-pattering of a child running up and down the stairs. And we caught a glimpse of a female caretaker. We simply asked them to please leave as they were frightening our son. They were gone right away. So my daughter just sees ghosts as people, which they once were.
Your daughter is amazing, Lori. Thank you for sharing that story with us.
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 11/19/12 06:09 AM
It was actually a very good experience for you with a lovely rose.
It certainly was a very good experience. Thanks Jennie.
Lori, I love the story about your daughter and the ghost. I am fortunate I live alone. So many spirits come and go here that it would probably frighten anyone else. I am comfortable with them. smile
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 11/20/12 05:11 AM
I really enjoyed your story about your daughter. You told him to go away. And after some time he was not there. It means that the ghost was very good.
I had a wonderful day today. I rode my horse for the first time this year. I have been so busy and preoccupied, and I live far from her, so the time really got away from me.

It was a leisurely ride over a lot of acreage. We rode in green hay fields, alongside a pond, and near forested areas. The air was brisk and fresh. Birds were singing all around us, and I could see them flitting from branch to branch and from tree to tree. A red-tailed hawk circled above some trees nearby during the moments when I sat on my stopped horse just to take it all in. I was so relaxed just being out in nature and enjoying the time with my horse.

It was an experience I really needed. It was like a reset button for my spirit.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 12/01/12 06:43 PM
You're so fortunate to be able to enjoy living in paradise, Debbie. Thank you for sharing that wonderful picture. I can feel what you felt. How sublime!

Truly, you are a blessed woman. Nature cradles you and lets you know how loved you really are. All this was created for you.
Thank you, Lori. What you said was beautiful.

I do feel like the "real" me when I am out in nature, and especially when I am interacting with my horse. I have had an affinity for horses since I was about 5 years old. I only had the opportunity to own horses and to be around them at age 39. Better late than never....

I wish I had more time to enjoy days like the one I had riding in the hay fields with my horse. She is over an hour away and I can't afford to move her closer, so I see her once a month if I am lucky. Well, it only makes me appreciate my time with her and the acres of that pretty farm even more. In the meantime I take moments out in nature when I can where I live.

Thanks again for your kind words, Lori. I am the best and truest me when I am out in nature.
Does anyone have something special planned for the weekend?
This was posted by ancientflaxman, Dave, on the Goddess thread yesterday. With his permission I have placed a copy here because I would like to know what you all think.

"The pen is possibly mightier than the sword but there is another form of communication or action that is more ancient and possibly more effective than either of the afore mentioned.

This is what I was taught, not that it will always stand the test of time yet has nevertheless worked for us for five centuries. Many ancient cultures including the celts and druids knew of and practiced these things.

The written word is divisible. From the moment it is on the page it is diminished. Then as it is rewritten it becomes even more diverse and many times with less of the original power that it carried. There is a spirit behind communication.

The intent behind the spoken word is singular yet is delivered with much more power. It is ingested deeper just by its nature.

That is why many deep thinkers and many souls aware of their foundational spiritual depth often are unable to find in books the deeper truths of the workings of the human mind and psyche, especially their own. Its not that there are not some incredibly deep spiritual writers because there definitely are!! It is just that there are some wordings that are not for print. They might be so high, so deep, so low, so hidden, or so adverse to the thinking of the restricted soul that they simply get lost.

When I write something that I believe carries the correct message or impact that I wish to convey, I find many times in reviewing it somewhat later that I could have improved upon this or that. I could have been clearer or more precise in my deliverance.

The timing of the spoken word however can be precise and accomplish in a greater way what it readily needed for the hearer and the deliverer in that moment. The same thing written many not be "heard".

Words spoken from deep calling unto deep hit "home." It is then a shared fortress that is not easily undone.

These are some little things that I have learned along the way. It may seem trivial but they may hopefully give strength to a family and a culture. This is my own perception but I believe that we can waste our words or we can make them count. Food for thought?????"

Anyone have thoughts on this you'd like to share? My response to his post is below.

Burt B.'s response yesterday:

"Spoken word cuts to the bone marrow !!"
My response today:

"As for words.....yes, I feel the same in that sometimes after I write something the words almost seem inadequate. What I thought described my intent can either be misunderstood or not exactly accurate as to how I felt at the time. It is often difficult to put feelings and thoughts into words as it is, and some feelings or intentions can't be described accurately in words at all.

The spoken word can be a little more accurate, as voice inflection, facial expression, and body gestures can also add emphasis. And Burt is right, some words when spoken can cut right to the bone. It is all in the deliverance of those words."
Posted By: seahorse1 Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 12/31/12 06:34 AM
The Bible promises a beautiful life on earth, where God has promised to get rid of all wickedness sorrow and death , Jesus gave signs to show this generation will have the benefits of the kingdom bringing peace to the earth , where mankind will live forever with no sickness or death ,this was God's purpose when he created mankind and he will fulfill that promise by means of Christ's ransome sacrifice . (Matthew 24:3-14) While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. (Psalm 37:9-11) For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. 10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it. (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
God loves us all and wants the best for us, for us to live in happiness and peace. God sent his Son to show us what true love is and how eternal it is. In the end, love always wins.
I have finally found a church that I love and God is changing me in ways that I never thought possible. I know now what it means to be born again. I feel like I am on fast track to spirituality. It's a wonderful feeling yet it is scary at the same time. I have faith and I trust in the Lord so I know all will be alright.

The thing is I have always seen people who are spiritual and voiceful as a tad on the weird side. I know now that I was just dim and didn't understand why they would be like that. But now I feel it happening to me and I am afraid of people seeing me as the weird person.

I feel like I have crossed to the otherside. I have a burning desire to know God deeper and to praise his name. If am on the other side does this mean I am leaving my friends behind? They don't talk about God. They actually are the way I was.... thinking "those" people (me now) are weird.
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/21/13 07:42 PM
Dear Brandy,

Hope you won't mind my saying,What is more important,in this instant,Being a bit weird,discovering the God you have been searching for,that brings happiness inyour life,but in a different way.Do you want to go back to whom you where?

Spirituality is a growing flower that in the now that is coming out of the ground,and will eventually blossom,and make you discover a form of happiness,that you could not believe existed.

May the flower grow in you.

Loong
Brandi......welcome.

I am very happy to hear that you are progressing along on your spiritual journey and finding happiness and peace. It is so important to be who you are meant to be and to find your own truths and meanings in life.

In actuality we are all on the same side, all spiritual beings. Some people either choose not to connect with their inner selves or are afraid to. Others just don't even know they have an inner being because they are focused on other things altogether.

With that said, you certainly can't force someone to see things the way you do, as all of us are individuals and have our own path to follow. You don't have to leave anyone behind in your life if you exercise unconditional love. Continue to love them for who they are, and as long as they can accept you for who you are becoming then all is well. You don't have to discuss your personal journey with your friends unless you want to and they are open to talking about it.

If you are judged then just know that this is a human weakness. People can be cruel when they are not knowledgeable or are afraid of something that they do not understand. Spend more of your time with people who accept you and share your similar views. You are always welcome here smile

Finally, I have to agree with Loong. It is most important to follow what brings you happiness and peace in this life. If you have come to the right answers for you then know that you are in the right place. If it feels right then it is right. Everyone has to find their own way. I am happy for you!
Loong.....I really like your answer to Brandi, especially your reference to the flower blossoming within her as she finds her own truth and happiness in her life. Thank you for joining us.

Peace _/\_
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/22/13 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Brandi - Hair Editor
I have finally found a church that I love and God is changing me in ways that I never thought possible. I know now what it means to be born again. I feel like I am on fast track to spirituality. It's a wonderful feeling yet it is scary at the same time. I have faith and I trust in the Lord so I know all will be alright.

The thing is I have always seen people who are spiritual and voiceful as a tad on the weird side. I know now that I was just dim and didn't understand why they would be like that. But now I feel it happening to me and I am afraid of people seeing me as the weird person.

I feel like I have crossed to the otherside. I have a burning desire to know God deeper and to praise his name. If am on the other side does this mean I am leaving my friends behind? They don't talk about God. They actually are the way I was.... thinking "those" people (me now) are weird.

Hi Brandi,

Your conversion experience is genuine.

When I was 16 years old (before my conversion) it all seemed like a big joke and a money scam.

I’m 51 now, and I had a conversion experience when I was 19.

You will be changed from within and without.

You may lose some friends in the process but you have decided to have a Deeper Joy and a Deeper Peace.

Those closest to you will not understand.

This is natural and normal of the whole process.

My beloved Connie came out of a 25 year loveless marriage and when she had her conversion experience, her husband and even her children turned on her and started calling her “a religious freak”.

My brothers hated the fact that I wanted a closer walk with God.

Connie and I follow Jesus Christ through the Bible and The Holy Spirit, but your path may be different.

It does not matter.

Spirit is spirit, God is God.

Even though you are on your way to Great Joy, Peace and Beauty within and without, try not to convert anyone.

I offer just some friendly advice.

This is one of the most difficult things you may face:

Those closest to you and those who love the most you will have a great desire to share your newfound Joy.

And their like, “Umm... why don’t you just put that religious [censored] down and come party with us like you used to”.

Yeah, had been there done that...

Well, try to establish new friendships who understand.

It will be worth it in the long run.

I’m glad you’re here and you can express what’s going on.

Sincerely,

Burt & Connie
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/22/13 07:03 PM
That Really is beautiful loong...

The flowers begin to open.

Wow.

Beautiful.
Thank you all. It is extreamly important to me to persue this, actually nothing could pull me away. I have a happiness inside of me that I had never expeienced before.

I was asking because my husband does not go to church (we both had not for a long time) and he made a statement about brain washing. This caught me off guard and got me thinking have I gone all religious. I guess I have, I just can't voice it.

I know not mention anything to him or push him because it would cause him to go further away from what I have found. I just ask if he wants to go with me and when he says no I just say, "Ok, maybe next week, love you, see you later."

We were the type of people who (liked) to drink, it was the American way, just about every weeked and that desire has been lifted from me. -Which is a miracle in itself.

Weird thing is it was all of a sudden as well as coffee and I was drinking three cups a day!

I just keep telling my husband and our friends that I am on a diet and I can't have any. Hopefully they will quit persuing the issue.

I feel like I have no one to talk to about my experience and I just want to tell someone. -just not my husband or friends-

I love the flower part. I feel like a kid again with no addictions and a new life to choose what I want to do with...
My choices will be much better this go around smile
I finally found my inner smile.
Brandi.....I am very happy for you. It is evident that you are very excited about your new discoveries, and that is wonderful.

You are right not to push your husband into anything. Religion is a personal choice. Maybe when he sees the positive changes in you he will change his mind. If not, one does not need a church or a religion in order to connect with spirit. Some prefer going to a building because it is a secluded place away from the rest of the world, and maybe that is not something your husband wants to do. Maybe he feels that what he will hear will not be what he believes. He needs to do what he is comfortable with.

Many people just don't like change and prefer the status quo. The main thing is that you are focusing on what is working for you, and what makes you happy and peaceful.
Posted By: Trace~ Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/28/13 10:27 AM
I find it odd that I would be drawn to this page. But then again, maybe not. You see, since I was very young "dead people" would come into my dreams or I would see them and some I knew, some I didn't. Since I was 5 in fact. My mother threatened to take me to church and have them lay hands on me and cast out the evil spirits, so I stopped talking. It was only after my baby brother started having issues with "seeing things" to the point he wanted to commit suicide that she wanted me to finally talk about it. I know things before they happen many times, and I can sense energies, and often times "see" spirits. I have a deep religious upbringing though, and have found it hard to deal with this considering we are taught that it's "evil" and not possible to live for God and dabble in the spiritual world too. I have prayed for it to "go away" and it does for a while, but always comes back. Recently, I have been more open. But sometimes I am wrong and so it makes me hesitate to talk about what I think I know. But I have been thinking about "practicing" more to get to a point where I'm more confident. If I could help people in some way, I am more than willing to do that.
Trace.....welcome!

You and your brother certainly have special gifts. Your mother was afraid to allow you to express and use those gifts. People are afraid of what they do not know about or understand. Paranormal things frighten a lot of us.

It is only evil if you are dabbling in the world of evil, or the devil. Spirit itself is not a bad thing. God Himself is in spirit form. There is the Holy Spirit, and spirits of those we love who have passed on. We will all return to spirit form when our physical bodies perish. Many spirits stay close to the physical realm, and you may not even know them but they want to communicate with you.

Back to your religious upbringing, belief in God gives you eternal life, and that life is in the spirit realm. So spirit itself, in my opinion, is not a bad thing.

You can't squelch what is naturally within you. It will always come back. Clairvoyants like Elleise on this site may be able to help you control and use your gifts in a way that won't be overwhelming to you.

Thank you for sharing with us.
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/28/13 08:02 PM
Trace,

What is wrong with having special powers.20 years ago .I could read minds,communicate through long distance,make things apear
with the process of cration,stop blood from large gashes.Heal people,or make them feel better just by almost touching them.

At one point I got fed up with the healing thing ang completly
let go off all those. I cannot today except read minds,do a;; the rest.

Since you beleive in god [Jesus].You are only comtinuing his actions.His way of Life.You are blessed with what is called supramondane powers.Use them to do good.Your Jesus might help you in difficult cases.

Give,give give and you shall be rewarded.

loong
Posted By: seahorse1 Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/28/13 08:45 PM
Hi Trace, Although most wont agree with me ,mixing spiritism,etc., with worship to God is something the Bible does disagree with. A major feature of spiritism is claimed communication with the dead. Since the dead “are conscious of nothing at all,” communication with such dead persons is actually impossible. (Ec 9:5) God’s law to Israel forbade anyone’s inquiring of the dead and made the practice of spiritism a capital offense. (Le 19:31; 20:6, 27; De 18:9-12; compare Isa 8:19.) And in the Christian Greek Scriptures the statement is made that those who practice spiritism “will not inherit God’s kingdom.” (Ga 5:20, 21; Re 21:8) It, therefore, logically follows that any claimed communication with dead persons, if not a deliberate lie on the part of the claimant, must be from an evil source, a source that stands in opposition to Jehovah God. I am concerned with the dangers that can be experienced by these things ,and dont wish to offend anyone .
seahorse1....welcome! I respect your opinion, as everyone has their own belief system.

We are all spiritual beings, and we can communicate with other spirits. I for one have communicated with my deceased boyfriend, whom I greatly loved and who loved me. He was very strong in his faith and trusted in God completely. He was full of love and he would never want any harm to come to me. His visits have been comforting and informative, as I know that he is doing just fine.

The communications from him are not from an evil source, although I am sure that can happen if someone wants to entertain such a thing. If what one wants is to communicate with evil spirits or the devil, then that of course would be an offense to God and His teachings.

I am not the only person I know who has communicated with deceased loved ones, and there is no harm that results from this communication. I don't think this contact with those who have already reached eternal life, as God has promised us, is a bad thing at all. It certainly does not change my faith in God.
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/29/13 01:10 AM
Hey Trace, it’s great that you and your brother have psychic powers. You should try to communicate with spirits. There are good and bad spirits. I agree with Debbie that there are many spirits whom you may not know but they want to communicate with you. You should try to communicate with them.
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/29/13 06:34 PM
Dear Seahorse 1.

After reading your side of the coin ,I am not offended.Why would anyone be affended by another person's beliefs.In the phylosophy I am part of,we encourage people like you to live your beleifs.
Live them, but fully.
I know I live my beleifs fully.I work on my beleifs ,researching
writing all day.As soon as I get up until I go to bed.

With loving kindness
loong
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/29/13 06:38 PM
To all or none ,

I have a friend who is a Light passer,exorcist.Did not beleive in that until he proved it to me by telling me thingd about my father that I did not even remember.Then I beleived.

loong
Posted By: Ruby June Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 01/29/13 10:29 PM
Dear Brandi, So happy for you that you have found your path. I'm mostly Buddhist, but lately have been enjoying a close relationship with God as well. I feel part Pagan as well because I respect everyone's Gods, Goddesses, or alternative path. I have a son who is born again. He has not tried to proslytize anyone in our family or his friends and we have been grateful for his respect toward our different beliefs. He lets his life show his light and if others want to follow, they are welcome. He's a pretty awesome son too. In this way, he has preserved his friendships and relationships.
That is great, Ruby June. A person secure in his or her beliefs, and living a life of love and compassion, will emanate that light from the inside out. I am happy for you and your son.
Good day to all!

Today is a beautiful and warm sunny day, and I will continue the yard work I started yesterday. I love working outside among the elements of nature. It is very therapeutic and healing for me. Right now there are various flowering trees and bushes in bloom that are welcoming the spring season, and it is a pleasure to take in all the lovely colors. The bird song alone is very comforting and life affirming.

Do you have any activities planned today that you enjoy and that nourish your spirit? Do tell!
I have thought much on the line between religion and faith my whole adult life but now as I have children of my own I find myself at a crossroad on how to decide to walk that line. I wrote on it in my personal blog at Time with A & N (don't want to link it for fear it'll be deleted) but it's a post called My letter to God. It'll be under the tab for most popular posts. I see myself more as a spirtual person but not a religious person but I feel that I should build a relationship with the church for my children. If you have a second read it and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Hi Angela,

I was at that same crossroads myself when I had children. Spirituality and religion are sisters, but they are not twins. It is funny because we normally don't worry about being religious unless we were raised in a religion and/or when we have children and feel compelled to provide some spiritual guidance.

The definition of a religion includes a set of beliefs and rituals that support those beliefs.

Sometimes, I feel as though I put the cart before the horse when it came to teaching my children about God. Becoming aware of their own spiritual nature and their innate connection to Divine should have been first before I rushed to connect them with an organized church. It became all about rules and doctrine. Beliefs were drilled into them instead of allowing them to trust their own senses and connection to God.

I regret that.

I was able to reverse some of the damage and they as adults now are finding their way.

As for me, I greatly love and respect all religions as I feel that they all are man's attempt to know and worship God. There is no one right way to love and worship God...except your way.

Religion can be fantastic for providing a community. Community shouldn't be underestimated.

I can't find your blog! I'd love to read your post.
I could not have said it better, Lori. I hope this helps Angela.
Today it is raining pretty good and I am getting things done indoors. I took some time to enjoy a few cups of tea to relax. The plants and grass outside are getting the water they need for sustainance. It is calming to watch the rain come down for the living things that need it. The sun just peeked out for a bit too. It is a peaceful time.

What are you doing today to find some peaceful moments?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 06/13/13 05:22 PM
So glad you asked, Debbie. After an unrestful night and busy morning, I just got home and can rest. A nice, tall glass of fresh, cool water always restores my balance! Ahhh.

And now to give some attention to those playful pups who have waited patiently for me to come home...
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 06/14/13 12:11 AM
It was really an amazing weather yesterday. I spent some time with my family. We had a great time together.
Lori....I hope you were able to relax a bit and enjoy some time with your dogs.
Jennie.....how wonderful that you had a great day with your family. Good weather always helps!
Today I am blessed with a beautiful and warm sunny day. I did some cooking this morning and I will be baking a cake tomorrow. I am always in my element when I'm in the kitchen. I love cooking when I have the time.

It is a great weekend so far!
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 06/15/13 08:19 PM
That's another thing we have in common, Debbie. I love to cook, too. Not a great cook, but an enthusiastic one!

This morning, I made a rainbow layered jello plus 127 cheese enchiladas for a grad party for my nephew. My husband and daughter helped and it went smoothly. The party was brief and noisy, but it was great to spend time with extended family.

It's nice to be back home. Listening to some soothing music and catching up on articles...
Wow....that is a lot of enchiladas, Lori! It's great that you had a nice time with your family. It is always nice to get back to a relaxing house too after the festivities are over.
When our children were younger, we tried to raise them in a mainstream church. That way, they would have the basis of religion if they wanted to have it in their lives. As young adults, they are free to choose what to believe or not believe. That is their privilege, since it is their lives that we are talking about. They do not have to believe what I believe or what their father believes.
I think it is great to give children the foundation of religion, and encouraging them afterwards to go with what resonates with them. I have chosen to keep my religious faith from youth and yet I have embraced other spiritual beliefs as well. It works for me and gives me a true sense of peace and purpose, as well as more meaning to my life.

Thanks for sharing, Connie!
Connie, that is very open-minded of you to allow your children not only to exercise their God-given free will but to strengthen their own spiritual discernment.

God bless you for that.

It is my understanding that by so doing, you will help your children truly know God instead of following rituals. There is nothing wrong with rituals, of course, as long as they hold meaning and intention but too many people put rituals above the feeling and awareness that is true spirituality.

Similar to putting the letter of the law above the spirit of the law.

Every religion has something to offer but hopefully a child will choose because of the love for God and the church's ability to help him feel more connected to God.
Great points, Lori.

While I may not agree with some aspects of the church, I go because it makes me feel good to do so. I accept and hold close what resonates with me, and I leave what doesn't. Like I said, I have grown to embrace other spiritual beliefs as well, and it really works for me in my life. Everyone should have that choice.
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Welcome - A Place to Talk and Share - 07/24/13 04:29 PM
Good for you Debbie !!!

Sounds invigorating !!!

smile

Burt B.
Thank you, Burt smile
© BellaOnline Forums