BellaOnline
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Share Your Inspiring Quotes With Us - 07/31/14 06:28 PM
I love this one:

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 07/31/14 06:34 PM
Took me a while to find the quoter of this one -

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bil Keane
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/01/14 07:18 AM
Argue for your limitations and they're yours

Richard Bach; Illusions
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/01/14 02:20 PM
"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger"

Buddha
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/01/14 02:21 PM
"Do not speak unless it's an improvement on silence"

Buddha
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/03/14 05:29 AM
“Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.”
― Voltaire
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/04/14 09:57 AM

“No matter how many plans you make or how much in control you are, life is always winging it.”
― Carroll Bryant
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/04/14 10:01 AM
I love this. Just saw it on my BellaOnline dashboard -

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman
That is a great quote, Tracy. And so accurate in so many cases.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/04/14 11:32 AM
I like that Sandra - thanks for joining in smile
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/04/14 01:23 PM
Thanks for that Womnz smile
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/05/14 07:44 AM
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. --Samuel Johnson
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/06/14 04:51 AM
The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity. -- Winston Churchill
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/07/14 12:52 PM
I love this one, it reminds me how we can limit ourselves;

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

― Henry Ford
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/08/14 07:20 AM
“It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed.”
—Louise Hay

It is amazing how we believe our thoughts and create the ensuing challenges that the belief in it brings - phew!
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/09/14 01:08 PM
A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty... We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive. - Albert Einstein
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/10/14 05:44 AM
"The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it." ~ Dee Hock
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/11/14 05:29 AM
It is difficult to find happiness in oneself but it is impossible to find it anywhere else.

- Schopenhauer
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/12/14 06:29 AM
“I release all control to the Universe. I am at peace with myself and with life.”
—Louise Hay
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/12/14 06:30 AM
“Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.” -Eckhart Tolle
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/12/14 04:07 PM
“We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are” Anais Nin
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/12/14 05:30 PM
"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge of all around us, and the more we gain, the more is our desire; the more we see, the more we are capable of seeing."
Maria Mitchell
"Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things."

(Henry Ward Beecher, 19th century American reformer)
Thank you Grace and Mona for sharing the quotes smile
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. -- Viktor E. Frankl
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. ~ Robert Collier
HI Ro and Karm thanks for your lovely quotes smile
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/16/14 05:34 AM
"How hurtful it can be to deny one's true self and live a life of lies just to appease others."

~ June Ahern
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 08/24/14 03:07 PM
You become what you believe. –Oprah Winfrey
Posted By: Trichakra Re: What Are Your Favourite Quotes - 09/17/16 01:46 AM
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
© BellaOnline Forums