BellaOnline
Posted By: Joan541 Yoga Retreat - 02/17/12 03:11 PM
I went on my first yoga retreat last weekend and what a wonderful experience! We also had 24 hours of silence on Saturday so we could go inward and reflect. I loved it! We did meditation and yoga sessions but other than that we were free to read, journal, go for a walk or whatever.

It was a very special experience and I feel like it really cleared away lots of questions I've had lately and helped me to focus much better.
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: Yoga Retreat - 02/17/12 03:37 PM
that sounds sooooo wonderful!
Posted By: Joan541 Re: Yoga Retreat - 03/09/12 04:29 PM
It's been a month and I'm still reaping the benefits of going to that retreat! It really made a difference in my life.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoga Retreat - 03/10/12 04:04 PM
That is awesome to hear, HealthyMom62. I am an avid fan of yoga retreats. I did one at Kripalu last year and I still feel its warmth.

Where did you go - was it a big center, or a small local one?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Yoga Retreat - 03/10/12 04:48 PM
Our Tai Chi instructor has a retreat in Colorado in the summer. Back when we could actually afford to go, it started on the first week of school. That's a no-no for teachers! Now,it is the week before school, and we just can't afford it. That's sad.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoga Retreat - 03/10/12 04:49 PM
Dear Connie -

That is a shame. You would think they'd be aware of school schedules and work around them. So many people would have conflicts with that.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoga Retreat - 10/27/12 12:11 AM
I was just talking in my college class about Kripalu and it reminded me of how much I adored it there. I wish it was less expensive. I need to find ways to incorporate that same relaxed feeling more fully in my daily life.
© BellaOnline Forums