BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Yoga for Healing - 11/14/11 11:48 AM
I haven't done yoga in weeks with the power outage and the poison ivy debacle and everything else. Finally this morning I woke up at 4am, took a long shower to get the itching to subside, then went into James' room to do some yoga. I was nervous about my wrists still being weepy and sensitive, but I figured I could modify poses.

I felt SO much better after doing the yoga. My shoulders feel great. My whole body feels stretched and relaxed. I'm very glad I'm healthy enough to be trying it, and hopefully I can get back into a daily habit with it.
Posted By: Marina_J Re: Yoga for Healing - 11/16/11 06:45 AM
The most useful poses for students with back trouble are those that build strength and lengthen the back muscles as well as anchor the feet, such as standing mountain, triangle, and warrior I.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoga for Healing - 11/16/11 09:47 AM
I do like the warrior poses! I like mountain as a centering pose.
Posted By: Joan541 Re: Yoga for Healing - 01/27/12 03:25 PM
I think yoga is wonderful for healing, no matter what sort of issues you have. Just to get the blood circulating, remove blockages and calm the mind and body is a great aid to healing.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoga for Healing - 03/10/12 04:10 PM
That's very true - a key part of healing is having blood circulating and moving around nutrients and clearing waste and toxin. Yoga helps greatly with that circulation process.
© BellaOnline Forums