BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 11/29/07 12:52 PM
If you're looking for a new game system this holiday season, what is at the top of your list? Which would you most like to get?
Posted By: AuronTheGreat92 Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 01/19/08 04:47 AM
Playstation 3 definitely!!
Posted By: Lisa - Gaming Ed Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 02/19/08 08:59 AM
Did everybody get what they wanted? It's pretty impressive that the Wii is still running out of stock everywhere after a full year!
Posted By: Lauren -Brit TV & Comedy Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 03/11/08 10:49 AM
I am lucky enough to have an equally obsessed partner, so we have a Wii and an Xbox 360. The Wii is fab, but I found that we abandoned the main games (such as Zelda) and now use it as a party system - playing Super Monkey Ball/Wii Sports multiplayer stuff when we have parties.

I thought I was not going to be able to play GTA IV, which is top of my gaming agenda for 2008, because I can't afford the prohibitive price of a PS3. Happily I now have the 360, and have a pre-ordered copy of GTA IV waiting for me. I would have gone for the PS3 because I think it's a better system, but it's just tooooo expensive. With Xboxs becoming more affordable (they've just announced a European price drop so entry level is �159.99 compared to around �320 for a PS3) I think this will become the system to watch!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 03/11/08 06:01 PM
Price is definitely an issue - however I do have to say that we are watching a lot of BluRay DVDs and that a PS3 is much cheaper than pretty much any BluRay player on the market. So in that sense it was a great buy. But really out of the 3 systems we have, we play the Xbox 360 the most by far.

Well and the PS2 is in the basement as my "dance machine" smile
Posted By: UnderworldRingofBlue Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 06/30/08 05:22 AM
PS3!!! I want a Wii but I"m a through and through Sony fan so until I own all the PS3 accessories and games, I doubt I'll be buying a wii anytime soon frown
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 06/30/08 05:35 AM
We are having tons of fun with Metal Gear Online, which is PS3 only, so that is a great reason to own that system. And of course the cheap BluRay player, we use it as that all the time.
Posted By: Mikie Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 07/11/08 12:10 PM
Bought the 360 first due to the expense of the PS3 but got a bonus at work which covered that as I wanted the blu-ray player and although I have seen it called a cheap blu-ray player it has had some very good reviews. The PS3 was and still is in my opinion the better machine by far. Didn't fancy the Wii when I first saw it but have come round to the idea and have just ordered one for the family..
Posted By: Lisa - Gaming Ed Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 07/25/08 07:34 PM
I don't know that any one is really inherently better than the other. To me it's like choosing a favorite pet smile They all have their advantages and disadvantages. For example I like the 360's online system FAR better than the PS3 - but they've put a lot more time and effort into it.
Posted By: EmyG Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 10/29/08 03:49 PM
I think the 360 is FAAAR better that the PS3 or Wii.
Posted By: Mikie Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 12/02/08 01:07 PM
well having had all three machines now for a few months, I agree with Lisa each one has it's pro's and con's.

360 has the best online system.
Wii well it gets you moving around (Although I'm sick of the kids hitting me when we play tennis lol)
PS3 the blu-Ray player excellent and still my favourite gaming console...
Posted By: MyKendra Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 12/06/08 08:34 PM
I have every single game console out in the past 7 years but use my PS3 most but the Wii is a lot of fun. My Xbox 360 DVD drive failed and cost $100 so I rarely use it -- Which is just as well because everyone single one of my over 10 Xbox 360 friends have moved to the PS3 (mostly due to the dreaded Red Ring of Death).

I use my PS3 as my game system, Music Jukebox (I import all my CDs to the PS3 and then no longer need the CD), and my sole DVD/Blu-Ray player.

I love them all but PS3 first follwed by Wii. The Xbox 360 currently gathers dust.

Own PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, Wii, NDS, Game Boy Advanced, PC.
Posted By: rainview Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 12/08/08 05:11 AM
I am a serious online gamer... I also love to play football, but as the winters are approaching and I can't play outdoors I have purchased a stored-value game card which gave me access to some enjoyable multiplayer games.

Now no problem with winters...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 - 12/14/08 10:41 PM
We've had two XBox 360s and both have failed with a red ring of death. Both are also VERY loud as far as the built-in fan noise goes. So in terms of being a reliable, quiet system, the PS3 seems to win out. Still, we do enjoy our 360 games.

We definitely love the PS3 for its ability to play BluRay DVDs.
© BellaOnline Forums